Part Two.

The blond was completely stunned by the sight. What the hell was a two year old doing at a motel? Why was he all alone? He looked filthy and smelled like shit too. Meliodas would've though he was hallucinating if it weren't for actually being able to smell the kid.

Should he just ignore him? He wasn't exactly in the position to help this child. He was so high he could barely walk himself.

"Uh.. sorry kid but I um... I don't know where your mom is."

Shutting the door awkwardly, he went over and sat down before pulling out the pills again. He'd been planning to save these since they were some of his last, but at the moment he wanted to forget about that kid and he really wanted to have something to make the headache go away since his previous dose was wearing off slightly.

Just as he went to take the last two pills, right outside his door was scream crying that made him pause in annoyance at the sound. It sounded so so familiar. It sounded like a little seven year old boy who got rejected from every single family member. It sounded like a little seven year old who only wanted his doting loving parents back.

Whatever, it's not my problem. So what if he reminds me of me? I won't remember any of that baggage when I take these pills. Besides, I don't know how to take care of kids or where his mom is, so nothing I can do. I'd just screw him up too if I tried taking him in. Maybe even get arrested like Ban's dad.

"I want mama... mama leave? Mamma said come back..."

The crying continued with little blubbered words mixed in that messed with Meliodas.

He'll shut up soon. Just ignore him. Someone else will find him right? Some guy better equipped with kids.... at a sketchy motel... anyone could easily take advantage of a screaming child that young too... he'd disappear without a trace... Damn it.

As a million horrible thoughts ran through his head of what could happen to the boy, the blond out the pills back in the back before standing up and opening the door for the kid still standing there crying his little heart out.

"Hey, kid. Shut up! You'll end up getting kidnapped screaming like that."

"Momma..."

Sighing at the small oblivious boy, he gently ushered him inside before hoping he didn't get arrested for doing such a thing by a nosy pedestrian watching.

"What's your name, kid?"

"Z-Zeld- Z-Zeld.."

"What? Can't say your own name?"

"I can do it! It's Z-Zeldwis.."

"Zeld-wis? Really? Okay, well how about Zel for short since that's a stupid name, kay?"

"Not stupid!"

"Whatever kid, do you.. need food, or something? What do you usually eat?"

"Nuggies!"

"Huh? What's that?"

"Nuggies! Nuggies!"

"Are you trying to sat chicken nuggets?"

"Yeeessss!!"

"No, kid. I can't even drive right now and I don't have any frozen ones. Pick something else."

The boy's eyes watered again as a little pouty lip formed.

"W-Want nuggies..."

"Uh uh kid, that ain't gonna work on me."
_________________________________________

News flash. Yes it did.

He ended up walking two miles while carrying the boy to get those damn Mcdonald chicken nuggets, and now the two were sitting back at home with the blond glaring at the child happily munching away.