CHAPTER 14: Getting Past the Dragon

" Guys look! It's fallen asleep!"Rubix  called out, as we all peeked out to look, and true enough it was asleep, with just occasional grunts and spouts of steam coming out from it's nose, we were in the clear.

Ezekiel  took the lead as the rest of us fell in line behind him, he took a step then he waited for a few seconds, testing the waters to see if it was going to wake up,when he was sure he gave us the signal to follow him. We slowly, carefully, and gently walked past it's ginormous yet beautiful face and all seemed well until...,Kaiser had to sneeze.

"Ahh...ahh...ugg?!" Swiftly the demon threw his hands over his mouth to stop him and when it seemed like it was over,"AHHHCHOOOOOO!!!" 

They all froze right in front of the dragon's eye and the dragon opened it's ginormous flame golden eye, took one look at them, gave a very long grunt aaaannddd.......decided that they weren't worth it's time and rolled over to sleep. 

"uh..what just happened...?"the elf asked, 

"I think...Mr.Dragon gave us the green light to pass cause we probably aren't worth it...?" Alice replied,

Rubix however wasn't having any of it, he was worth all that time! And as any self-respecting demon would do, he walked up to the dragon, despite his friends telling him to come back, stood in front of it and yelled,

 "OH YEAH, WE AIN'T NO WASTE OF TIME, YOU BIG SCALY GIT! COME AT ME YOU HOUSE LIZARD! COME ON, SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT, I AM A DEMON! THE MASTER OF SHADOWS, LORD OF THE DARKNESS, COME AT ME YOU HALF BRAINED REPTILE!!!!"

 Before anyone could say anything to stop him, he shouted this at the dragon, and, well, that did the trick, the others quickly ran to the cave to take cover because the dragon was pissed, it gave an ear piercing roar and shot a flames at the demon who in turn made a shield out of shadows. Rubix quickly flapped his wings and took to the sky, unfortunately the dragon did the same, the dragon kept shooting streams of fire towards the demon and Rubix kept playing defense and just continued to block them until he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

 As the dragon was flapping around looking for the demon, Rubix came up silently behind the dragon, flew under it until he was directly beneath it's heart and sent a fleet of Dark Arrows towards it, which obviously didn't pierce it's heart since dragon's scales are harder than rock but were strong enough to scratch it's scales to make it whimper and fly back down with our proud demon gliding down gracefully in victory and entered the cave to the rest of them,

 "oh my god why would you do that?!" Ezekiel yelled slapping his head,

 "Dude, you crazy!!!!" Valencia said as he started jumping, 

" god, can't you go 5 seconds without wrestling a dragon!" Alice yelled,

 "you really need to work on your anger management issues"Kaiser said thumping his back. With that they all proceeded to enter the cave.