15

It's the last day of our trip to France. We spent almost a week and a half in Paris. Mateo fired and rebuild the management in his company during that time.

The people who were fired were lazying around and took their positions for granted. This of course took a small toll on the company but we managed to fix everything before we left for Marseille.

We spent three days there, checking in on his other company. It was beautiful and such a shame we didn't get to go sight seeing.

Now we're in Canes and I was getting ready for a business dinner with investors.

My phone chimed and I checked it. I only text a handful of people so it could be Cassandra, Liam, Grace or Jess.

It was Liam.

Liam: FaceTime?

We facetime every now and then. Even if it's just for five minutes.

I smiled and called him. The phone rang for a few seconds before he picked up. His smiling face came into view as he flipped a pancake.

"Wow, you look beautiful," he gushed and I thanked him.

I wore a burgundy dress. It had a scoop neckline so the top of my cleavage was slightly exposed while still being professional enough. It ended just above my knees. The dress was tight fitting so it accentuated my pear shape.

I paired it with black five inch heels, a gold necklace, earrings and bracelet along with a black handbag. I wore my hair in roller set curls. My Afro was fluffed to perfection. It fell around my face perfectly.

"What time are you arriving tomorrow?" He asked and I applied mascara.

"Uh, I have no idea. I'll text you before I leave," I replied trying not to mess up my eyes.

Once my mascara was successful on, I finished the look with eyeliner and brown liner and clear lipgloss.

"Okay, then-"

A heavy knock on my door interrupted and I smiled empathetically at Liam.

I knew that it was Mateo at my door.

"It's okay, enjoy your dinner beautiful,"

"Thank you, I'll text you when I'm back,"

I hung up and told Mateo to enter as I put away my makeup. I heard his footsteps enter but my back faced him as I cleared the room vanity.

"Are you ready?" He asked and I finally turned to face him.

My breath hitched when I saw him standing before me.

He wore a white dress shirt with dark blue slacks. The first two buttons on his shirt were open, exposing his upper chest. His outfit was simple but he look delectable in it.

I came back today reality to find him eyeing me. I shifted under his strong gaze and he smirked before returning his eyes to mine.

"Uh, yeah. Let me just grab my purse,"

He left my room after that. I released a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

Ever since that dream, Mateo had a stronger effect on me. Thankfully, I haven't had any since. I don't think I would survive.

His bitter mood towards me lightened when we left Paris. Maybe it was just something personal going on with him.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room. I carefully walked down the stairs, trying not to slip in these heels.

The penthouse we stayed in was two floors separated by a spiral wooden staircase. It had an open plan loft vibe to it.

Mateo stood at the bottom waiting for me and I suddenly felt my knees almost give out.