50

Nadia's POV

"Hey, sleepy head, wake up," Mateo shook me awake, but I groaned and rolled over.

"Come on baby. I made breakfast, "

I opened my eyes at the offer of breakfast and rolled back to face him while rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I kept my eyes shut, but I opened my mouth. A spoon of scrambled eggs and bacon bits was placed in my mouth.

An involuntary sigh left my body as I chewed the eggs. They're flavourful and slightly crisp on one end, just how I like my eggs.

"What's the occasion?" I asked and finally decided to sit up.

I picked up the tray filled with waffles, scrambled eggs, and a fruit salad.

He placed his computer down next to the tray and I read the open article.

"Plas fanmi an, the next big thing," I read aloud and gasped when I read the blog name.

Food that's good by Harper Mercedes

Harper Mercedes is one of the most respected and influential food bloggers and critics around. Whatever she says could make or break your establishment. The problem is that no one ever knows when she would come to a restaurant, so special treatment is out of question.

This review could boost my customer flow or end it immediately.

"Open. I'll feed you while you read before it gets cold," Mateo offered with a piece of waffle on a fork to my mouth.

I opened and let him feed me while I read about the fate of my restaurant.

"Plas fanmi," meaning a family place in Haitian Creole, is a restaurant that opened a month ago, and I finally managed to secure a booking under an alias for unbiased treatment. The atmosphere was one like I haven't experienced. The air was welcoming from the moment you walked in.

The staff were easily placed on my top 3 staff of establishments. Despite the busy floor and pressure, they maintained their cool and composure. Smiles never wavering for a moment. 

The kitchen staff pumped out quality food in an impressive amount of time. You can taste the love and passion in each dish. Which is extremely rare in new dining establishments. The teamwork in there must be one like no other.

I need whoever trained them to teach me how to get my family to function like a well oiled machine.

I sat eating my perfectly cooked scallops as I looked around, taking everything in. The flavour was impeccable, so impeccable that I nearly asked for the chef to get their hand in marriage. I would consider myself a seafood expert at this point and those were easily the best scallops I've had. Their amazing wine selection really completed my meal.

Then the one and only owner came out for a quick floor sweep. Nadia Matthews is not only the owner of  Plas fanmi but is also the owner of  Matthew's catering. The catering company has been everyone's new favourite after being featured in Lexus' Food magazine. They have also been a hit in the celebrity party scene with their dishes being raved about by our favourite celebs themselves.

She interacted with customers and made sure everything was on par with her standards before returning to her office.

Nadia is the embodiment of what hard work and consistency can do for you. She built all this off her own back and I'm excited to see what the future holds for her and Plas fanmi.

So my verdict is in, Plas fanmi is definitely food that's good. I will definitely will be back for the amazing atmosphere, customer service and that gluten free chocolate cheesecake.