Chapter I: His Obsession

It was a frigid day in Dragonspine, just like any other. You and Sucrose labored up the mountain, the fresh snow from last night making it difficult to even make a single step.

The cold of the snow seemed to seep in through your boots. You could barely move your fingers for as they were almost frozen solid. “S-Sucrose, are we almost there yet?” You dare to ask.

She turned around cheerfully despite the chill of the mountain. “Yep! Don't worry, I can make us some hot soup when we get there. I promise you, the experiment will be with it!”

You sighed, the exhaled breath creating a warm cloud in front of you. Why does she need my help with this anyway, can't she ask her genius friend Albedo?

Your hands felt like they were going to fall off. Initially numb from the cold, the tips now burned with the threat of frostbite. Sucrose observed this and clasped your hands in hers.

“It's ok, the lab is just a little bit farther.” She said encouragingly.

The snow crunched beneath your feet as you trudged along

The snow crunched beneath your feet as you trudged along. At this point you couldn't even remember what convinced you to come along. You didn't want to admit it to Sucrose, but there was no way this would happen again. The last thing you needed was to return to Mondstadt an amputee from frostbite. You shuddered at the thought of losing an arm and never being able to wield (weapon) again.

Just as you were about to announce to Sucrose that you wanted to turn around, you reached your destination. A quaint cabin was settled near the edge of a snowy cliff. Dim but welcoming lights emitted from the windows. As the two of you drew near you noticed blinds on the window shut tightly.

Sucrose brought her hands up to her mouth, letting her warm breath bring feeling back into them. Then she grasped the door handle and with some effort (the heavy snow) you and her were able to get it open.

The interior of the cabin was cozy, but you didn't take the time to familiarize yourself with it. Deprived of heat and with a body the temperature of ab icicle, you dashed over to the brightly crackling fireplace.

The bio alchemist smiled at the sight of you, quickly exchanging her stiff winter coat for her alchemist one. “Get some feeling back into your body, but also know I'd like to start the experiment as soon as possible.”

She left curtly, and as your eyes trailed after her you finally took in the cabin. Aside from the main room with the fireplace, there were two spacious rooms on opposite walls. The left one led to what looked like a library, whilst the one on the right was the one Sucrose entered, and she shut the door behind her.

You watched the fireplace intensely, the flames flickering erratically over the logs. The heat danced across your face, bringing color back into your cheeks and life back into your spirit.

You stood up at last after a minutes, ready to enter the lab to meet Sucrose. Your body ran on auto pilot as you racked your brain to try to remember the experiement. Oh, what was it...

Carried away in thought, you stepped into the lab, closing the door behind you without your full strength. This created a noticable crack in the doorway, which you hoped Sucrose wouldn't notice. You didn't want to admit it, but this was Sucrose's first time requesting your help with her alchemy, and you weren't lying to yourself, you were  nervous. Should something go wrong with the experiment, perhaps the opening would allow others to hear you clearer.

Ah, you didn't know it, but the experiment wouldn't end up like that. Rather, it would go quite smoothly, maybe a little too well. The only benefit it provided was that it gave her mentor the perfect window to spy on his darling.

Sucrose was too lost in her experiment to catch Albedo entering the lab. As soon as he saw who she was with, he left just as hastily as he had come. The homunculus pressed his back against the wall next to the door, clasping his hand over his mouth to conceal his squeals. She was here, she was here! He had been observing her for a while now, but for her to be here in his own lab!?! It was almost too tempting...

He gave in to his racing mind and peered through the space in the doorway. Archons was she perfect, the way her h/c hair framed her gorgeous face. He watched as you picked up a clipboard and read it, your eyebrows furrowing in concentration.

Albedo stifled a gasp, almost falling back against the wall but grabbing the partially opened door for support. Oh, how he wished you would look at him like that!! So intense, like it was the only thing in the world that mattered.

He stared hungrily at you as you continued to be the center of his thoughts. You're his ground, his earth, his everything. He dreamt of you every night, fantasizing about you noticing him and showering him with the attention he craved.

He didn't care if he was spotted anymore. In fact, he would quite enjoy your eyes locking with his.