Chapter IV: Welcome Home

Your eyes fluttered open after a few long hours of unconsciousness. Albedo had been starting to worry about you, so it was a really good thing you had woken up now.

You didn't think much of where you were until you stretched. As you brought your arm across your body you noticed it. This room... Crap, I'm in the cabin!

You tried not to panic as you examined your surroundings. It was definitely the cabin, but you guessed there was an upstairs you never noticed, because this room was obviously a bedroom.

The bed you were laying in smelled like Albedo. Exactly how you knew, however, was not a memory you'd like to recall right now. After all, he was only recently revealed to be a crazed lunatic. No big deal.

You slid out of the bed as quietly as possible, but you heard someone coming upstairs. Shit! You didn't know what to do, your brain began to fire many different thoughts at once.

If you hid, he would find you, it'd only be a matter of time. If you stayed put, no doubt he'd do something horrid. You really were out of options...

(ᴀʟʙᴇᴅᴏ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ)
_____________________________________________

(ᴀʟʙᴇᴅᴏ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ)_____________________________________________

Albedo ran upstairs carrying a certain air of pride. Who wouldn't feel like that after successfully obtaining what was his? Or, would be his. He swallowed hard, as his mind engulfed him he hesitated to open the door.

...Does she have an opinion about me?

He had never stopped to properly ask himself this. His ego had been running very high whilst he had been planning to capture her. Now that's she's here, he'd start having to think of her as a person and not a metaphorical concept that was just out of reach.

Just out of reach...

Albedo giggled softly, his eyes shining at the thought of his love. Not anymore! Now I could cuddle Y/N until her deathbed if I really wanted to.

He shuddered at the thought of sharing such close contact with you. The thought of having his arms wrapped around you, holding you close, a-and maybe perhaps you would reciprocate?

He shut down his fantasies. That would never happen, or if it ever did it would be out of fear, not love. He wasn't even real, he was a homunculus. How could she ever love such a thing, a monster?

Albedo sighed unevenly. He would give anything in the world for you to just graze your hand against him, anything. Actually, nevermind that, it's too much to hope for. A glance from you would be enough, really, just to have all your attention...

He slapped himself, remaining unemotional at the pain. This foolish daydreaming must end. If he enters his darling's room like this, she'd see just how pliable he is. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door.

There she was, peacefully resting... in his bed. Poor Albedo's mind began working at a very fast rate. His eye twitched as he fought all instinct and approached her bedside.

It's just f-for scientific p-p-purposes...

His breathing grew irregular as he touched the back of his hand to your forehead ever so lightly.

...Ah, she's faking her slumber. Scared, no doubt, her heart is racing.

The alchemist tensed. C-Can she hear mine!?! He stepped back just to be sure, playing into her plot just to see how it would go.

He sat at his desk and brought out his sketchbook, flipping through it until he came across a particular page. He took out a pencil from his coat pocket, and he set to work.

Albedo was finishing up a sketch he had made of you a few weeks ago, the memory of it still being on his mind. He had been down in Mondstadt for potion ingredients and he just so happened to come across you dancing to one of Venti's songs.

He still remembered how stunning you looked, swaying to the tune of the lyre behind the crowd so no one would watch you. You were an absolute goddess, the way the sunlight hit your eyes so perfectly. When Albedo had first glimpsed you then, his heart was screaming at him to join you.

He had to hide behind a barrel to regain control of his thoughts. And then he realized it was drawing time and he began his sketch. He never had time to finish because, well, he had notes to defend from the ever persistent Sucrose.

I'm glad she's out of the way.

The homunculus sensed your presence sneaking against the wall. A floorboard creaked and your movement halted. Eventually it picked up again, a little hastier than earlier.

Ah, you think you're so smart, don't you?

Before you even reached your hand out for the door Albedo pushed you against it. One of his arms landed above your head, simultaneously pinning down your wrists.

You let out a cry of indignation, which was like music to his ears. You're so cute when you're annoyed, Y/N.

"P-please don't hurt me!!" You begged. The alchemist's heart fluttered at the tone of your voice.

He brought his other hand to cup your face, gently twirling a piece of your hair around his finger.

"Who ever said I would kill you?"