•Trapped•

[Thought]
[<<Skill>>]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kirito: A forced teleport?
He says.
Y/N: But... Why?
He says. They look at each other.

Guy: What's that?
A guy asks, pointing to the sky. Both Y/N and Kirito looked up, noticing a red panel with writing 'danger'.

Soon after, the entire sky was filled with red panels. Then, a red substance similar to blood started leaking from the panels, slowly taking form, and becoming an enormous Hooded figure.

They all looked at it in horror. And then, it spoke.
Figure: Dear Players... Welcome to my world. I'm Kayaba Akihiko, and as for now, I'm the sole person who can control this world.
It says.

Kirito&Y/N: Kayaba...
They both say, gritting their teeth.
Kayaba Akihiko: I'm sure you already noticed that your log out button is not in your main menu. This is not a defect of the game. It is indeed a feature of Sword Art Online.
He says, as many people start mumbling.

Kayaba Akihiko: You cannot log out yourselves, and no one on the outside can shut down or remove the NerveGear.  Should this be attempted, the NerveGear will emit a powerful microwave, destroying your brain, and thus, ending your life.
He says.

Y/N stared blankly at him.
Y/N: No... Please, no. Tell me he's joking...
He thought.
Kayaba Akihiko: Unfortunately, some ignored this warning...
He says, as a lot of white panels start surrounding him, showing what's going on in the outside world.

Kayaba Akihiko: And as a result, 213 players are gone forever from both Aincrad and the Real World. There is no in-game method to resurrect someone. If your HP hits 0, you'll be gone.
He says.

Y/N: No way... This is a nightmare...
He says in a whisper.
Kayaba Akihiko: There is only one way to escape: completing the game. Defeat the floor bosses and make your way to the 100th floor. Once you defeat the bosso on floor 100, you'll be free.
He says.

Kirito: It's impossible! During the beta, we could only reach floor 10!
He yells.
Kayaba Akihiko: Finally, I've added a present for you. Check your Item Storage.
He says. Everyone opens their storages, and in their items, they see a mirror.

When Y/N looked at his reflection, it showed his real face, and not that of his avatar. Soon after, light engulfed the entire area, and when it dissipated, everyone's appearance was different.

They all had their real faces.
Stranger: Y/N, is that you?
Y/N turns around. Where Kirito pervious stood, there was a boy.
Y/N looks at him.

Y/N: Kirito?
He asks uncertainly, as the boy nods.
Guy: What the hell does this mean!
A guy yells.

Kayaba Akihiko: This marks the end of the tutorial for the official Sword Art Online's launch. I wish the best of luck to all of you.
He says, disappearing.

The red panels started vanishing, and a few seconds laterz everything was back to normal. It was all silent, but as everyone realized what was going on, it was all a chaos.

Kirito grabbed both Y/N and Klein, and pulled them away.
Kirito: Follow me.
He says, leading them at the gates. They stopped, and Y/N looks at them.

Y/N: What?
He asks, still shaken because of the news.
Kirito: I'm heading to the next city. I thought we could go together.
He says.

Klein looked at him.
Klein: Sorry. I can't. I have to meet up with some friends I met in another RPG.
He says.
Kirito: Oh.
He said.

There was an hint of sadness in his voice.
Y/N: I'm coming with you.
He says. Kirito turns around, looking at him.

Y/N: I won't stay here, crying or complaining about the situation, because it won't take me anywhere.
He says.
Kirito nodded.

He then looks at Klein.
Kirito: This is just surreal... But right now, the only thing we can do is move on. Good Luck, Klein.
He says, as both him and Y/N sprinted away.

Y/N: I'll get out of here.
He thought, using the skill <<Vorpal Strike>>, killing a monster.
Y/N: I'll see him again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~704 words.