January 5th, 2022

12:03am

   I was in Texas in my dream, and my mom was with me. I was the humble age of 22 in this dream, and I had just moved into a home with my mom in Abilene, where I live in real life. The surroundings did not look like Abilene though, in fact, I would describe it as the love child of deep southern Louisiana and Montana. The goal of this part of the dream was to enroll in high school, despite being graduated from college. Joe, one of my coworkers, came up to me and said I'd be going to Rotan High School. Strangely enough, this is a school located in the coverage area of the news station I work at. I asked Joe why I couldn't attend Abilene or Cooper High School, (the local ones), and he said it was because my house was beyond county lines, despite being in an Abilene neighborhood. I shrugged and walked up the driveway of my new home, surrounded my Spanish moss trees, overlooking a Montana valley. When I walked inside there was a big couch to the left, and every Disney channel star from 2005- 2010 was in my living room. Despite the fact that all these people were much older in 2022 now, they looked just as they used to in their shows. The Jonas Brothers were there, along with Demi Lovato and the entire cast of Sonny With A Chance. We talked a little bit, and everyone was chill. Demi wore black leggings with ankle boots, a long purple layered top and a massive belt with curled hair and hoop earrings, just as she would on Disney channel. For some reason, in that moment, the Jonas Brothers decided to make us all part of their band. My mom evaporated. One of the characters, Zora, played by Allisyn Ashley Arm said she needed her tambourine, but that it was behind the couch under the Christmas tree, which was in the corner of the room. It was a basic green tree with colorful lights. I volunteered to get it and crawled behind the couch and under the tree, tossing a tambourine and some other instruments onto the couch by Demi. Zoras tambourine was made out of a grey tissue box. Kind of stupid.

   I stood up trapped in the corner behind the couch with the Christmas tree and laughed at my situation, realizing I had to crawl back down again to get out. As I bent down, I made a joke saying "I don't remember this episode of Sonny With A Chance," and everyone laughed. I came face to face with the light plug for the Christmas tree, and then I woke up.