Blood red roses (Hex - Hurt/Comfort)

Trying to just get motivation by writing, attempt 1.

Attempting something new, hanahaki! Basically, flowers and pain. I'm lacking the qualifications to explain that any further. Google is your best bet here.

This ship is underrated, so here to give some content!

Ship - Hex (Helsknight x EvilXisuma)

*WARNINGS*

- Hanahaki (Blood, vomit)

-Swearing

- Mention of trying to kill someone? (Is that a TW?)

Word count - 1137

Hels and Ex. Despite both of them having similar qualities and similar intentions, they 'hated' each other. Not that they had a reason to, actually quite the opposite. You could call them frenemies.

---

"HELS, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Ex yelled from across the nether roof. Hels rolled his eyes.

He wanted to kill Ex. He's done it many times before. Why? Because it's fun. Watching the limp body fall then disappear, items dropping, and best of all, he got a little "reward". It was also a little game Hels had going on.

Without a moment's hesitation, he snuck behind Ex and stabbed him in the neck. An explosion went off, and Hels jumped back. What? Oh...

Hels looked at the golden totem disappear in Ex's hands while he turned around, a smirk plastered across his face. "Hello, Hels, mind explaining why you're here now?" Hels felt his face heat up a bit. He glared at Ex, then stormed away.

Normally, he would've given Ex an answer, maybe something sarcastic. But this time around, he didn't. 

Something was... different this time. You see, Ex wasn't wearing his helmet (Which he was usually always wearing), and though Hels wouldn't have admitted it out loud, Ex was hot. Like, really hot.

Lucky for Hels, Ex didn't notice the tinge of deep crimson that washed over Hels's face at that very moment.

---

Hels hung around his side of the nether roof, plotting another way to kill Ex. Ex would have more totems, so that would be annoying. Hmm...

He held up a totem, looking for a way to bypass it when suddenly a sharp pain ran through his throat. With one hand he clutched his neck, while the totem melted in his other hand. 

Of course, Ex has to get back at me. Hels thought, squeezing his eyes tight to block out the fireworks. Hels glared at Ex once again, while Ex just stood around, whistling. 

Ex wasn't wearing his visor again and despite how stupid he was acting, he was still hot nonetheless. From his long white hair to his bright red eyes, he looked, almost fairy-tale-like. 

"Take a picture, it lasts longer," Ex said, sensing Hels staring at him. 

Hels looked away, a blush tainting his otherwise pale face. He looked back at Ex, about to say something, but instead of words, a series of violent coughs followed. Ex looked at him wide-eyed 

"Woah there buddy, you got a cold or something?" Ex backed out cautiously while Hels kept coughing. 

A single black petal floated down to the ground, a wither rose. What? A petal? Hels thought. Maybe this was the aftermath of using a totem?  

He convinced himself it was nothing much and went back to planning. No doubt, it happened again, and again, and again. Every time it happened, he told himself he would be okay. But each day he was still doing research, despite Hels telling himself it was ok.

---

 After a week, he decided to go to Scar's place to borrow a book.

"Hey Scar!" Hels greeted, waving his hand. 

The only reason Scar wasn't afraid of Hels was that Scar also had an evil(ish) twin, Bad times(with scar). 

"Oh! Hello, what brings you here today?" Scar asked. Hels started coughing, and Scar took that as him needing a healing potion. 

"You want a healing potion? It helps with coughs," Scar offered with an outstretched hand. Hels shook his head and swallowed the petal that he'd coughed up. "Do you have any books about sicknesses?" Hels asked. 

"Uhhh, yes, but I'm pretty sure you just have a cough..." Scar trailed off. He went looking for the book. 

"Ahah! Found it!" 

Scar held up a book "Here you go... just- never mind, you can keep it," Scar quickly said, looking at a text Cub had sent him. "Gotta go, bye!" 

Scar shot into the air, gliding towards Cub's base. Hels waved at Scar and went back to the nether portal.

---

Hanahaki?!? He read the text over again just to make sure. What the fuck. And right on cue, he coughed up another flower petal. 

Well, I've got 4 months to find out who the fuck I have feelings for. He bitterly said to himself. An unknown part of his mind immediately answered. 

Ex.

Unfortunately for Hels, stubbornness and denial got him far. He kept on refusing to acknowledge his feelings for Ex, which in his case, made it worse. 

---

A month had gone by, and the process seemed a lot quicker than what was described. 

By month one, he had already gotten a small bud on his upper right arm, which was covered by his armour. 

By month two, he had become confined to his bed, too sick to move. Hels covered his eyes and began wishing for death. I mean, at this point, he thought it was better than this mess. It was one of the few times Hels had ever cried.

Ex came over every day still, just to annoy the heck out of Hels. When he did this, Hels just hid under the blankets, so Ex wouldn't see the flowers.

---

Hels was sat on his bed, picking at the flower that had sprouted on his chin. He winced as a petal was plucked off, falling to the cold bedrock floor. 

Faint taps on the floor came closer to Hels base, which he failed to notice. 

Creak

 Hels jolted upright, making direct eye contact with Ex. 

"...Hels?" 

Hels then saw an emotion that he didn't know Ex was even capable of feeling, concern

"What the fuck...?"  

Ex knelt down and flicked at the flower budding on his hand. Hels flinched, pushing Ex away. Hels sputtered a quiet, "Why are you helping me?" before immediately vomiting more flowers into the blood-painted bucket. 

Ex ignored the question. "Who is it?" Ex asked. "Why would you need to know?" Hels replied, clearly annoyed. "Come on Hels, I could help you!" Ex pleaded. 

Hels sighed. Suddenly he pressed his lips to Ex's, and almost immediately pulled away. "There. Good enough for you?" 

Ex stood there shocked. A burgundy creeped onto his face. Hels started mumbling "I- I'm sorry...". 

He was about to go back to bed when the thorns suddenly melted from his throat. The budding flowers fell off his skin, and the pain all dispersed. 

Hels turned back at Ex, who was still very flustered to say the least. 

I guess he found his feelings for me. Hels thought. He's actually pretty cute when he's flustered. 

Hels gave him another kiss, making Ex blush even more. If you had seen Ex without context, you would have thought he had some really bad sickness. Hels picked Ex up, and placed him on the bed with him. I could get used to this.