Dinner With The Madrigals

after you and Camilo had dropped off the horse safely in the barn you start to make your walk back to the Casita your hair still drenched and your clothing only just starting to dry off. neither of you care though as you laugh and talk about how you should do it again.
"oh, boom here we are! hi Casita!" Camilo shouts waving to the house in which he gets a small tune and a wave from the house. you give a wave to the magical house as well as you enter through the entrance where almost immediately, you get stopped by Isabella.
"I- Camilo! you are getting the entrance soaked, what happened to you two while you were out! you are soaking" she scoffed rolling her eyes at Camilo before giving you a smile. you were wet as well but she clearly didn't mind and was only joking around. Antonio came rushing around the corner with two towels passing it over. he was smiling brightly and it was clear he had most likely told the entire family about how his older brother was hanging out with someone new. you greet Antonio and gave him a high five to which he responded with
"Oooo yay high five! which reminds me, mamá wanted to see you. but I think it can wait, Dolores already told everyone you would be coming over for dinner, come on!" you felt your hand get taken by the smaller boy and pulled along towards the kitchen. you were not still fully dry as the towel hung around your shoulder looking back at a blushing Camilo who was talking to Isabella. as you enter the kitchen you are surprised to see Camilo's parents getting ready for dinner and whispering to each other. they almost immediately stop whispering as Camilo's father walked over to you smiling brightly, you could tell clearly where Camilo had gotten his bright and friendly smile.
"Ah you must be Camilo's new friend, I'm his Papá Felix, and this is my beautiful wife Pepa~" He said pulling his wife over who looked at you with friendly eyes the cloud above her head was white and fluffy. you notice her roll her eyes at her husband but smile leaning into his touch.
"I hope Camilo has been treating you right. he always gets ahead of himself and can be very snappy sometimes, not like he got that from me or anything. but he is treating you nicely... right?" you watch as the cloud above Pepas head started to dark and reassured her that Camilo has been nothing but kind to you for the past couple of hours and that it was a pleasure to meet them both. The two parents seemed to calm a bit and nod as they saw Dolores walk in looking happy as ever from the relationship she had started. and before you knew it all of the Madrigals were sitting down at the table Camilo waving you over to come sit beside him.
"hurry before one of Antonio's toucans steal your spot!" you heard a small giggle as Antonio got his hair ruffled by his father. you walk over and sit down at the table and feel as if everyone was looking at you, and rightfully so. none of the Madrigal family members could remember the last time Camilo had brought a friend over, and seeing that Antonio had told them it was his crush they were all even more fascinated. 

Camilo had noticed that his family was being all nosey and tried to get them to stop.
"Oh come on guys gut it out! you are gonna scare them away before we even have dinner!"
you looked over and saw Mirabel wink as you blushed knowing very well at least the female cousin and sisters knew you liked Camilo back.
"Awww it's alright Camilo, we were just wondering who this wonderful friend you brought back is. nothing more nothing less" you heard Mirabel's mom pipe up as she served some food to everyone. you looked over to Camilo who looked even more nervous than you were. you chuckle and introduce yourself to everyone who you haven't met yet.
"Well what i lovely name you have, I'm glad you and Camilo have become friends"
You heard Agustin say as he started to eat. you thank them all and waited for everyone else to start eating as well before you started to eat the food as well. as as you ate the food all you can think of his how absolutely delicious everything was. it was as if the meal was made by an angel themself. your thoughts were suddenly cut off by another voice.
"So what did you two get up to today? anything exciting, Camilo I hope you didn't pull them into too much trouble" you heard Luisa say as she looked at the two of you with curious eyes. you would explain that Camilo had taken a horse and went down to the river.
"Ok ok! to be fair that was a very calm horse and we weren't actually going that fastttt. but no when we found the river it was so pretty! there were little fish everywhere, and we went swimming hence why we were soaked. i think you would have loved it there Antonio, there were so many of your little fishy friends" Camilo said explaining the exciting day the two of you had. you watched as Antonio seemed to lighten up at the sound of fish friends.
"Wow did you guys really see tons of little fish!?" he asked looking over to you with bright round eyes. you can't help but smile as you nod explaining that you saw many little fish of different colours. the dinner went on as usual until it was over, the dinner mostly just consisted of small conversations here and there or a little argument from two family members every other conversation. even through all the chaos, you felt as if you were at home and that this was a normal life. after dinner, Camilo had left with his dad to go bring in some wood from outside and you were left with Dolores to help clear the table.

"so how was your little date? i heard some of it... you seemed as if you were having fun?" she squeaked as the two of you started to put the plates on the countertops. you explain to her that the time you spent will Camilo might have been the best time in your life. you watch as Dolores nods and listens to you tell stories of the time you spent together. "maybe you should stay longer and see if you can get Camilo to ask you out? you clearly like each other" she giggled watching as your face started to blush more and more as you try to explain to her that there was no way you would be able to find the courage to ask Camilo out. but your arguments were pointless as you knew that you really did have a crush on the shapeshifting boy. something about his smile and personality was just so charming to you. it felt like no matter what shape he took you would still be embraced by the same fun-loving and welcoming attitude. 
"well just try it out ok? I promise that you will not regret it, I have heard him many many times talking to himself in the mirror about how he was gonna man up and talk to you. didn't know he was talking about you until he asked we went to your cafe. it was cute to see my little brother want to get coffee or tea just to talk to you" she giggled enjoying the fact she was spilling drama about her little brother to his crush. you couldn't help but smile back as you gently pushed Dolores away in a friendly manner. you get all the dishes finished up and look over to see Camilo returning with his father a clear blush on the other's face. you guessed that his father must have been teasing him for the last couple of minutes. Camilo walks over to you and looks over at his sister to make sure she hadn't said anything weird but when he had looked over to where Dolores had been she was already missing. you could hear him sigh in defeat as he looks over to you and holds your hand. 

"come on, i wanna show you my room upstairs I'm sure you will find it cool! i mean even i find it cool and i sleep there every night!" you rush upstairs with Camilo hand in hand as you pass by Dolores whispering something into Isabella's ear in which she looks up at you and casts her magic so a gentle yellow flower lay behind your ear. you mouth thank you to the two girls and got led to in front of Camilo's shining door. you look at it with much curiosity and ask if you could open the door. 
"well of course you can open the door, it's not like it's gonna lash out and bite you back!" 
you heard Camilo tease as you roll your eyes and grabbed for the door handle. but before you could get to it you get spooked by someone else talking
"be warned what if Camilo is lying and the door doesn't bite but lunges at you!" spooked you look back to see a hooded figure looming behind you. but something seems off about them before Camilo confirms your suspicions.
"Tio Bruno really? you can't go around pretending you are someone else just to scare people" the hooded person takes off his hood and you recognize him as Bruno who was sitting beside Mirabel at the table not really saying anything the whole dinner. you watch as Camilos' uncle looks sheepishly at the two of you.
"Sorry, I thought it was funny... i will leave you two alone now don't go doing anything too crazy like starting a rat circus" with that just as quickly as he had arrived Bruno scurried away downstairs. you look a bit confused as you turn to Camilo asking what that was all about.
"don't mind Tio Bruno he can just be a bit awkward... and crazy my ass he is the one who has a rat  Tv series not me.... anyway go ahead and open the door I promise it won't attack you" being reassured from Camilo you reach for the handle again and twist, opening the door ready to see what Camilo found so amazing about his magical room.