The Challenge

//Hey there, so this one is not an original idea, I only saw this on a tiktok video.//

“Hey Eddy, I have a challenge for you to do.” 

Eddy heard Brett and placed his violin down “Oh? Do I get a prize?”

“How about I’ll give you bubble tea if you do it successfully?” Brett challenged him and Eddy smiled.

“Alright. I’m in!” Eddy said enthusiastically and sat down, determined to know what the challenge was. He was so ready for it, he would do anything for bubble tea. Not unless the challenge included cockroaches, cause if so he’s out. He hated those pesky insects as the way it just crawls and moves its antenna can make him shiver and cry.

“Look, I swear if this includes cockroaches I will kill you.” Eddy chuckled nervously.

“You don’t need to worry about that alright, trust me.” Brett rolled his eyes and continued. “Also, I bet you won’t be even able to kill me cause you love me too much.”

“So THERE ARE COCKROACHES INCLUDED!” Eddy exclaimed as he playfully punched Brett in the shoulder. The smaller one started to laugh as Eddy pouted at him. What kind of a friend would do that? Soon enough he gave in and laughed along. 

The laughter soon died down and Brett was finally able to collect himself. The two took a deep breath and Brett started to explain the challenge. “Okay, I challenge you to stay away from me for a day."

"Oh? Why?" Eddy furrowed his eyebrows as he asked. What kind of a challenge was that anyway? He knew himself that he could never last a day without his Brett and he will never ever leave him.

“I just thought it would be a fun challenge.” Brett replied back. Eddy felt like something was wrong, like HE did something wrong. Is this a reason to escape from him? The thought saddened him and it made him feel like a bad boyfriend. 

“Hey, I know what you’re thinking but this has nothing to do with you. I promise.”

“Then why would you ask for this?”

“It’ll be like, uhh, a surprise.” Brett looked at Eddy and hugged him tight. Eddy slowly buried his head in his boyfriend’s shoulder. Whatever this reason may be, he will still love him nonetheless.

*

Next day arrived quickly and Eddy decided to stay with his parents for the day. Sure he still has his own apartment, but it's more likely used for storage now. Besides, he really needed some company especially that Brett’s not with him.

He thought that he would have at least a little bit of fun there but he kind of just spent sitting on the couch trying to think of what he could’ve possibly done wrong. 

With enough time, he decided to have a little bit of practice. Usually practicing the violin helps him feel better so he did just that. He decided to play some Tchaikovsky to help him calm down. It was Brett’s favorite composer and whenever he played a piece from Tchaik, it felt like Brett was beside him.

Eddy thought of a piece to play. With a bit of time, he decided to play Tchaikovsky’s violin concerto in D. The same piece they played in their 2mil Livestream. That was definitely a memorable moment. He started playing the first few notes and closed his eyes. It didn’t take a while for him to get lost in the music he was playing.

He played for what seemed like countless hours. All of his worries were starting to ease as he played each note through his violin. His passion for violin was flowing out of the room. As Eddy played through, all of his memories with Brett kept appearing. From their big world tours, to their small little dates. Those memories flow out as if he was a character from a movie or story.