Prom

Brett let out his tears as he ran away from the crowd. Why must this happen to him? He thought someone had finally loved him but it was all just a sick joke. Great!

-

A few days before this happened. They were having their senior prom. Everyone was so excited and couldn’t wait for it, all except for Brett Yang. He did like parties but he wasn’t too excited about this since he didn’t have anyone to ask to go with him. He might as well go alone but the thought of it saddened him a bit.

As he was sitting alone, a guy stood in front of him. It was Ian, a popular guy in the university. He was a very handsome guy and every girl was swooning on him. He was everyone’s ideal type, Blond hair, tall, cool looking, talented as well. He had to admit, he liked him too. 

“Hey gorgeous..” Ian said in a flirty tone. “How are you doing?”

The violinist blushed as Ian’s face went closer to him. “I, uhhmm, I’m o-okay yeah..”

“Why are you stammering? Nervous much.” He chuckled oh so angelically. “Don’t worry, I’m just here to ask something..”

Brett didn’t mind and replied “Sure. What do you need help with?”

“Oh. Nothing. Would you like to go to the prom with me?”

And that was where Brett’s whole world stopped. Did he hear that right? Was Ian actually asking him out for prom?! This is unbelievable! His eyes widened, not knowing what to react. They both faced each other, both were silent. That was until Brett spoke.

“Are you serious?” Brett asked again, just to make sure he isn’t having selective hearing.

“Of course, dear. Why would I fake that? You’re a beautiful guy.” Ian whispered in his ear as he held Brett’s hand softly, making him shiver all over. Brett has lost his words, he never thought someone would ask him out like this.

“W-wow.” He breathed.

“What’s the answer, lover boy?” Ian asked again.

With a nod, the two smiled at each other. Nothing can describe how happy he is. This is amazing! Brett closed his eyes and sighed, he can’t wait to go to prom, now that he has a date.

How Exciting!

After waiting for a few days, the prom day finally came. Brett immediately went to his closet and got himself dressed into something pretty. He wore a nice white polo and pants with some suspenders and a black bow to add some touch. He thought he looked great on it.

He looked in the mirror and smiled before whispering to himself “You can do this.”

He quickly grabbed his satchel and violin case before leaving his house. Finally, he has been waiting for this moment.

Before he could even enter the room, the loud music could be already heard from a far. After looking around, he finally found the room. He looked through the small window and there were so many students! He opened the big door and boy was it crazy.

There was a disco ball, illuminating the room while the music blasted loudly. He glanced around, trying to search for Ian. Finding none, he decided to squeeze through the crowd, to find him. 

It was really hard to walk around without getting bumped over or without getting your shoes stepped on but he was determined to see Ian. He had been waiting to see him for so long. As he finally made it to the end of the room, there he was.

Ian..

He tried to hurry up but the crowd around him isn’t really helping. As he was trying to scurry his way there, he heard Ian’s conversation with his other friends.