Traitor

“You’ve been murdered sir..”

“W-what..?” Eddy groaned as he woke up. He tried to sit up properly, looking around. Where is he even? “What do you m-mean?”

“Sir, you're no longer on earth I’m afraid.” A voice said. “You have been murdered.”

Eddy tried to keep his focus. Did he even hear right? Murdered? How could that even happen? He tried his best to remember what happened yesterday but all that pops in his head was him being with Brett, busking all day and hanging out with him.

He had enough with the confusion and asked “I’m sorry but murdered?? Is this some sick joke?”

“It is not a joke sir.” The voice clarified. “Look around you, unfamiliar place, you’re lost, you don’t even know who I am.”

The voice did have a point. He’s lost, he doesn’t know what and how this happened. The first thing that came to his mind was it was Brett but he trusted him. They had been together for so long, there’s no way Brett would do that to him… right?

Eddy felt like crying now. He didn’t want to die! He was living a great life on earth. He had a great family, a great channel, he had all the things he wanted. Why must it end now? Tears began to roll down his cheek as thoughts swallowed him whole.

The voice coughed and spoke again. “If you’re willing to know what it was, I can help you.”

The violinist’s ears perked up. He wanted to know who did this but he was nervous as well. He sighed and stood up. “Show me.”

Soon enough, there were lights illuminating the floor. The lights formed a pathway underneath him. “Follow the light. It will lead to your answer.”

Eddy gulped as he slowly walked, following the illuminated pathway. He took a deep breath and continued walking. This is what he wanted, he wanted to know the answer. He walked through this big hallway that seemed to be surrounded by live pictures. Those live photos were mostly him with Brett. Are these my memories? He thought.

He walked through so many memories of him being with everyone he loved. His parents, his sister, his best friend, even their fans were included. It was sad to think that he won’t be able to do it again. He quickly wiped a tear, not wanting to look foolish while walking.

The voice must’ve noticed him as it immediately said “If you ever need a break, please do tell me.” It said, “Walking through these may be exhausting for you, physically and emotionally. I understand it's rough.”

Eddy nodded. He didn't need a break though. He just wants to get to the bottom of it. He didn’t want to waste anymore time. The violinist wiped his tears again and kept walking with a deadpan face.

After walking for almost half an hour, he had finally reached it. Well at least that’s what the voice said to him. 

“Surprising to see you make it here.” The voice said again. “Usually people would give up midway.”

“Look, I had a happy life okay! I want to know who ruined it all!” Eddy lashed out loudly, not caring one bit 

“Alright.” The voice said. 

All of a sudden, the lights disappeared. It was all dark for a second until a big holographic screen popped up. Eddy gulped at the sight, I guess it's time to know. After that, the screen began to play a video. 

It was almost 10 PM. Eddy was getting ready to bed but Brett seemed to have other plans. As Eddy was doing his own business, Brett was in the kitchen preparing some drinks. Brett had enough with Eddy now. He was sick and tired of being under his shadow. All Eddy had done was only take his spot. He tried everything to be in the spotlight, by playing a whole concerto, by doing most of the work, everything.

He thought he had enough. He decided to kill him tonight, he wanted to be the center of attention again. There’s no room for two people here, he couldn’t care less if he has to become OneSet Violin. He shook his head, shaking the thoughts to continue working on the drinks. He decided to make some hot chocolate for the both of them. As he finished, he quickly grabbed the bottle of valium and took one and placed it inside Eddy’s drink. He stirred it until the whole thing dissolved.

The Valium would just make Eddy sleep faster. Then after that, stab him immediately and pretend Eddy did this all to himself. Well, he’ll probably think of a different excuse for that but that was the plan.

Eddy couldn’t believe what he just heard. He felt so angry and sad hearing all of this from his best friend! He trusted Brett ever since they were little and this happens to him! How unlucky can he get? More tears pressed on again as the story kept on playing.

Brett came to their shared room with the hot chocolate in hand. 

“Yo, what’s that?” Eddy asked as he settled in his bed.

“Oh I made some hot choco. I thought you might want some so I made two.” Brett said innocently as he gave the cup with valium to Eddy.

Without Eddy knowing, he immediately took a sip. He hummed as he kept drinking more, “This tastes good. Thanks a lot.”

Brett gave him a slight smirk and mumbled “Anytime.”

A few minutes had only passed and it looked like the Valium was already taking effect. Eddy began to yawn, feeling really tired. After a few attempts of staying awake, he decided to call it a day and place the drink on his bedside table.

“Sleeping already?” Brett asked as he sat on his bed, acting like he doesn’t know why. “A little too early ain’t it?”

“Sorry bro, I just feel super tired.” Eddy said as another yawn followed through. “Goodnight.”

“Nighty night.” Brett said with a wicked smile. Everything was going according to his plan. Perfect. Brett decided to wait for a few hours just to keep things safe. So that’s what he did.

Now it was 12 midnight. It’s finally time.

He slowly got out of bed, making sure to not make as much noise just to be safe. He made his way to the kitchen to look for the things he needed. He got through his cupboards and grabbed a piece of plastic glove and wore it. He used his glove hands to get the knife so that fingerprints can be avoided. 

He went back to their bedroom, tiptoeing his way in. He looked at the sleeping eddy with a sinister smile before whispering “Bye bye little Edward.”

Shluk!

The sound of the knife going through Eddy was satisfying for the other violinist. He couldn’t help but do it again and again, making him go insane! Brett sooned stopped himself from doing so, he didn’t want to ruin the plan yet. 

“Finally. No longer hiding in your stupid shadow,” Brett muttered to himself, feeling accomplished on what he did. He carefully placed the knife on Eddy’s hand, making it look like he was holding it himself. He then got the dirty glove off of him, and went to the sink to wash it thoroughly. No blood left behind. He got himself some tissues to wipe himself up and went to bed immediately as if nothing ever happened.

Eddy’s heart rate began to beat faster and faster after watching the whole thing. What the hell?! Tears wouldn’t stop trickling down his face as the scene mortified him. Why would Brett do such a thing? For all these years, he thought he found someone good, someone who’d stick by his side no matter what. Yet he ended up with Brett the Psycho! 

“N-no.” Eddy mumbled through his tears. “NO! THAT MOTHERFUCKER!”

The violinist sobbed as the scene replayed in his head over and over like a broken record. He could feel all his anger and frustration bubble up in his stomach. Without thinking, he tried to punch the holographic Brett, letting out all his anger.

He groaned and grunted, punching the air continuously until he fell to the ground, panting hard. Eddy couldn’t stop the tears anymore, letting all his emotion flow out. He finally got the answer he wanted, but he had never thought it would be this bad. Oh how he hated it.

After a few minutes of laying on the floor, all soaked in tears, Eddy only had one feeling left in him. That was the urge for revenge. 

“You’ll pay for this, Yang.” He spat bitterly. “Just you wait..”