Chapter 11

When Peter Parker arrived to the restaurant where he agreed to meet Felicia, he was surprised how nicely dressed she was

When Peter Parker arrived to the restaurant where he agreed to meet Felicia, he was surprised how nicely dressed she was. He didn't dress too casually, but he wouldn't call what he was wearing overly formal either. Was this supposed to be a date, rather than a relaxed, friendly outing like he thought it was?
"Peter, you made it. And on time! Doctor Connors warned me that you had a bit of a struggle with tardiness." Felicia teased with a wink as she hugged Peter. He hugged her back as he replied, "I guess tonight was a lucky night for me."

The two then walked inside of the restaurant and a server then motioned for them to follow him to their table. As they made their way to the table, Peter started to think of the last time he was at a restaurant as nice as this. It had been 2 years ago... when he planned to purpose to Mary Jane. He, as Spider-Man, had just gotten the key to the city and he had no idea that Mary Jane had just lost her job as a Broadway actress after every newspaper review in New York said that she couldn't project her voice past the first row. Peter's mind had been in the clouds, but Mary Jane's was in the dumps and he couldn't see it. He couldn't see past himself. Then, to make matters worse, Gwen Stacy had been there. Gwen Stacy... a rather beautiful classmate of Peter's who had been his lab partner.... and a girl who had kissed Spider-Man during the key to the city ceremony... replicating the upside down kiss that had been a significant moment to Peter and Mary Jane. Looking back, he couldn't believe he had been so dense as to why she was so upset with him that night. He wasn't able to look past himself, and even now he was facing the consequences for that flaw.

"Peter, are you okay?" Felicia's voice brought Peter back into the present as she was now waiting at the table that Peter hadn't quite arrived at yet. Peter gave a nervous smile before responding.

"To be honest, I'm a bit nervous. I haven't been in a place this nice in a while, and last time things went.... badly." Peter explained. Felicia gave Peter a reassuring smile and she walked over and grabbed his hands.

"You'll be fine, Peter. This isn't last time, so there's nowhere to go but up. You look good by the way." Felicia complimented. Peter smiled.

"And you look amazing." He replied. She gave Peter a good smile before the two walked to the table and sat down.

"Your waitress will be here in a moment. Have a nice dinner." The server told Peter and Felicia before walking back to the front to escort the next party to their designated table.

"I guess that leaves us with enough time to look over the menu." Peter told Felicia, who nodded in agreement and the two both grabbed a menu.

"No way. Peter Parker?" A familiar voice said. Peter looked up to see a friendly face he hadn't seen since he moved in with Flash Thompson.

"Ursula?! No way! You work here now?" Peter asked in surprise as he noticed Ursula was wearing the same uniform he had seen waitresses around the restaurant using. Ursula nodded before she looked at Felicia.