Chapter 1

They look at me everyday

They look at me everyday. The people of New York. They look at me swinging from building to building, because I made a choice once to live a life of responsibility. A life I dedicate to them... you've heard this question before. Who am I? I'm Spider-Man, and I'm Peter Parker.

"Peter, Peter.... snap out of it." said the voice of Mary Jane Watson. She had a look of concern on her face as she looked at her... kind of boyfriend, spacing out.

"I'm sorry, MJ. It's just that..." Peter started to say but MJ nodded.

"I know, Tiger. It's the anniversary of Harry's death." Mary Jane replied.  Peter nodded. He sighed.

"Harry shouldn't have died... I should have listened to Doctor Connors when he told me to stop wearing the..." Peter started to say before Mary Jane cut him off.

"Peter... that was 2 years ago. Don't beat yourself up over it. Harry wouldn't want you to do that." Mary Jane replied. Peter nodded.

"Thanks, MJ." Peter replied. She was right... Harry wouldn't want him to blame himself... he'd want his friend to be happy and move forward. Peter kneeled down to touch Harry's grave.

"I miss you, Harry."

Meanwhile at the Daily Bugle:
"Today marks the 2nd anniversary of the death of Harry Osborn, Harry Osborn was the masked hero who had saved Spider-Man from certain death at the hands of Flint Marko, the Sandman, and the Black Spider-Man copy we now call, 'Venom'. Without Harry Osborn, there was no one to truly take over the Oscorp Empire... until today." said the voice of an African American reporter, a reporter for the Daily Bugle, he was speaking to Robbie Robertson.

"I see... who is the new leader of Oscorp, Ben?" Robbie asked.

"Wilson Fisk...." Ben Urich, replied.

"So he's returned to the country..." Robbie replied.

"Hasn't been around since he was rumored to be a criminal kingpin." Ben replied.

"But now... years have passed by, so much has happened since then... The Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom... enough time has passed since then for most New Yorkers to feel like Fisk is irrelevant." Robbie said in realization.

Peter Parker was not the normal civilian right now. He was The Amazing Spider-Man, trying to keep the legacies of Ben Parker and Harry Osborn alive. As he swung through the city, people cheered for him. It took a while... but the people of New York loved Spider-Man.