1

"These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder. Which, as they kiss, consume."

I break through a tree line, I was running but I wasn't sure why, all I know was I was scared.

I looked around me now in a wide and opened field.

It was Thomas and I's field, filled with wildflowers in bloom as the sun shines through the clouds.

I walked further into the field with a smile and relived breath but froze when I noticed another figure.

It was a much older women, she seemed so familiar as my eyes scanned her face.

"Gran?" I ask with a wave and watch as she waves to me making me smile.

From the corner of my eye I saw something move.

I turned and saw Thomas doming out of the woods and heading straight for the light that broke through the clouds.

"Thomas, don't! She'll see you." I call out to him but his face is still as he walks closer anyway.

I smiled as he came over to me somehow not bothered by how his skin shined like diamonds, especially when another human was around.

He held his hand in my own sending me a familiar love filled grin.

I smile leading him closer to my grandmother wanting her to meet him.

She also walked closer and stopped right in front of us just as we did.

"Gran, I'd like you to meet...." But I immediately stop and watch as she copied my exact actions making me frown.

I start to breath heavily confused.

I hold my hand out and she follows my every move exactly until our fingers touch.

With wide eyes I looked down to my hand then back up as I realized there was now a mirror in front of us.

I let out a shaky breath starting to panic realizing the women was me.

I was the old women and Thomas, he was still him.

I look up to Thomas as he takes my hand placing a kiss on it.

"Happy Birthday, Y/n."

I gasp jumping awake.

That's when I hear the knocking on my door.

I sit up watching as Mom and Dad came into the room with bright smiles.

"Happy Birthday!" They exclaim making me smile lowly.

(I'm sorry if your birthdays not around this time but I'm just trying to make it fit into the story)

They came over to my bed as my mom pulled from behind her back a stack of French toast with a candle in them.

I smile before closing my eyes and blowing out the candle.

"Thank you." I tell them as they hug me.

I couldn't seem to find as much joy as they did, that dream, no, nightmare kept playing in my mind. It scared me.

Its funny really, I never thought about my age until Bella brought it up talking to me about her and Edward because she was now physically older than him.

I'm not scared of getting older, I'm scared of leaving Thomas.

And every day I get older, closer and closer to dying.

That's what terrifies me.

"Earth to Y/n."

I look up and back to my parents, I must have trailed off in my thoughts.