Chapter 31: Rachel

"Welcome, Your Highness."

"Oh, I'm relieved you look well."

His Royal Highness appeared with Cyril and his escorts shortly after my reign was over.

His Royal Highness, whom I will see for a long time, looks tired somewhere.

Is it my fault that my usual smile feels somewhere?

"What happened this time? So suddenly."

"... I have a quick errand ahead of me in Donacian territory. Just passing through here, I was supposed to stay overnight in Marcel territory. Sorry for the rush."

"Well, you did. Never mind. I'm glad to see your face."

In His Highness's position, it would also be a matter of having to go away quickly if anything were to happen in the country.

Speaking of Donacian territory, it is famous that the lord has recently enjoyed a good feather.

Do you do an investigation or have you grabbed something?

However, given that we are traveling in small numbers so quickly, I guess we are moving in secrecy.

Nevertheless.

Your Highness really stopped by on purpose while you were busy.

My body feels clean, but when I look closely, my clothes are quite dull. You've been in a pretty hurry, or you must have been riding a horse for a long time.

Your face is also seeping tired.

I also feel sorry that you came all the way out here in my tiredness.

But I still have His Highness in front of me.

I still feel my mind float over that fact.

"Where to stay? Let's get you a room if you like."

"Don't worry about it. The inn is arranged by Cyril."

"Was I? Okay, have dinner with us."

"Oh, let me do that."

I'm relieved that His Highness, like he was tense somewhere, finally loosened his expression and smiled at me.

Yeah, you still want to take a breath.

I need to get my room ready so I can rest for a little while until dinner.

Oh, and I have to tell her about my mother.

"My mother should have greeted me, but I was out in the neighborhood today. I'm sorry."

"No, because this is the one who came suddenly. I'm sorry about this one. Still, you look a lot better."

"Thank you. We've been seeing each other for a long time, so we have a lot to talk about."

"Oh, well, let me tell you about Rachel at dinner,"

His Highness adds His Highness's hand to my cheek like he said he was afraid.

Looking up naturally, my face appears in His Highness's eyes.

"I missed you, Rachel."

Yes, the small, whining voice sounds very sweet and gentle.

My heart made a loud noise with dokun on the words.

Dinner would sit on the edge and edge of the long table, if normal, but in His Highness's hope I sat right on the diagonal side of His Highness.

The distance is just close, and the content of the strange talk also gives a familiar atmosphere somewhere.