𝙏𝙒𝙊

"It's a boy!"

Y/n couldn't hold back her sobs as her son was ceremoniously placed in her arms, the nurses around her all saying their congratulations and complimenting on how adorable the baby was, even though he had yet to be washed or his umbilical cord cut. He, not it, he. Y/n had given life not to an unknown organism but to a little boy.

He too was crying, mouth opening to show soft pink gums and a tiny little tongue. In fact, he was tiny everywhere. A tiny body and a tiny nose and tiny little fingers that wrapped around Y/n's own. His cries subsided as he felt the warmth of Y/n's chest on his bare skin, her thin hospital gown allowing the heat her sweaty body radiated to seep into his own.

"Have you decided on a name?" One of the nurses, Akari, asked. Y/n nodded her head slowly, her hand gently caressing the soft wisps of white and h/c hair that were thick on his head.

"Kazuya, Kazuya Suzuki." Y/n smiled, Akari writing down the name on the baby's birth certificate. His eyes had finally opened, his newborn grey-blue eyes not yet set in their colour.

"It's time for baby's first bath." Akari said cheerily, her and a few other nurses disappearing into a connected room with a finally docile Kazuya, leaving Y/n to relax. The woman took a deep breath, opting to turn up the volume on the news that played on the tiny tv in her private room.

"—extreme fire destroyed the Blizzard Agency earlier today. The police speculate that the fire was caused by the outside forces of a villain due to the unnatural blue flames the fire seemed to produce. Pro-hero Blizzard says-" Y/n shut off the tv with a groan, pushing herself farther up on the hospital bed she was in. He could be so goddamn dramatic when he wanted to be.

"Here you go, mom." Akari chuckled, carefully placing Kazuya back into Y/n's arms. The boy was swaddled in a pristine white blanket, pale skin cleaned and hair smelling delightfully of strawberries and the oddly addicting newborn scent.

"I'll be in the other room, press this button if you need me okay? Get some rest." The nurse exited, closing the door and leaving Y/n in the silence of her own thoughts. The soft breathing of Kazuya felt forigen on her chest and so did the alleviated weight in her abdomen, the dark evening coated Musutafu in a comforting darkness as Y/n gazed outside of the window of her room.

Y/n closed her eyes, hugging Kazuya closer to her chest. She kissed his forehead, opening her eyes again to watch him giggle. He pawed weakly at her breast, Y/n's eyes widening as she realized what that meant.

"Right, that's what these are for, duh." Y/n shook her head with a light laugh, pulling her hospital gown lower on her chest so Kazuya could properly feed. Y/n began to caress his head as he suckled, just as she had caressed her stomach over the nine months of carrying him inside of her.

"My little peacefulness...My little Kazuya."

*

Y/n was out of place, oh god was she out of place.

Pro-hero's surrounded her on every side, mingling and gossiping with expensive glasses of champagne and elegant attire that Y/n was sure cost more than her yearly salary. Meanwhile Y/n sat at a table in the corner, rocking Kazuya back to sleep and desperately hoping he didn't diaper bomb or throw a tantrum as heroes placed bids for priceless artworks and invaluable goods all for a show of community and humility.

That's what this annual charity ball was anyways, a show. A show to boost your ratings and your ego. It wasn't surprising that the number two Pro-hero Endeavor always hosted it at one of his many estates, keeping up appearances and making his way closer and closer to the number one spot on the charts. Y/n had already made a bid on behalf of UA at the start of the night, buying an antique tea set donated by the Japanese Royal family. Nezu was going to have a field day with it.

Kazuya started to fuss, his adorably chubby arms wrinkling the suit-onesie Y/n had managed to wrangle him into. He'd already finished eating a few minutes ago, so it wasn't that, and the temperature wasn't...Y/n frowned. The air had suddenly become much warmer than before, as if a fireplace had been lit right beside them.

"Miss Suzuki." Y/n jumped at the deep baritone voice that addressed her, lifting her head to see Endeavour standing in a muted red suit, his fiery beard casting dark shadows on his turquoise eyes.

"Mr. Todoroki, sir." Y/n got up and bowed, addressing him formally by his real name. He made a gruff acknowledgement, looking at the wriggling baby in her hands.

"How old are you, Y/n?" He hummed, dropping his formalities almost immediately.

"N-nineteen, sir." Y/n stuttered, his powerful presence causing her voice to unintentionally lower in volume.

"That's quite young to be a mother, may I?" Y/n didn't have the guts to refuse the hero as he took Kazuya, cradling the baby boy in his arms with a critical eye.

"I may be young but I have a steady job and home. I wouldn't have brought Kazu into the world if I didn't think I could take care of him." Y/n defended, fixing the top of the off the shoulder evening gown she finally fit back into after a few months of postpartum healing.

"Kazu?" Enji chuckled.

"Kazuya, actually. Kazu is just a nickname..." Y/n mumbled, watching Enji observe the way Kazuya rolled around in his palm, the baby fitting into one of his massive hands.

"Hm. You know, my son looked practically the exact same as a baby." Enji almost cracked a smile as he handed Y/n back her child.

"Shoto?" Y/n questioned. She knew vaguely of all of his children, but she knew of Shoto best. Nezu had let it slip that Enji had inquired into UA as an option for his youngest child's schooling, wondering if he would be a viable recommendation for Shoto to get in after he finished his last few years of Middle school.

"No, my eldest, Touya. It's a wonder how children can look so alike." Enji pondered. Touya? Y/n had never heard of a Touya Todoroki before but she chose not to pry, instead laughing with as convincing of a voice she could muster.

"Yeah, so many baby doppelgängers out there." Y/n joked tightly. Enji opened his mouth to speak again before someone tapped their glass to gain the room's attention, pulling the Pro's attention away for long enough that Y/n could slink out of the party, locking herself in one of the many bathrooms the estate had.

Kazuya smiled up at her, reaching his hands up to play with the stray strands of h/c hair that'd come out of her hairdo. Y/n smiled back, rubbing their noses together with a giggle. Kazuya gurgled happily, bright blue-grey eyes slowly gaining their colour in the form of his fathers familiar turquoise. He had gained many things from his father, the top of his hair which was uninterrupted white, his pale skin, and now his large eyes. The little boy did have attributes from Y/n, just much more subtle. The h/c hair that was hidden underneath all the white, the barely visible flecks of e/c that dappled his irises like stars and the occasional s/c coloured beauty mark.

Y/n held herself back from tearing up as he continued to be so enamoured by her presence. She was his entire life, his light, his safety, Y/n was his everything, and it terrified her. He relied on her so severely, trusted her so completely, but what if she failed? What if Endeavor was right and she was too young to ever properly take care of Kazuya? What if Dabi moving on so quickly was a sign that the baby and her were cursed? No. No. Y/n pushed the thoughts out of her head. She carried him for nine months, she was in labour for fifteen hours to bring him into this world and she was the one who cradled him when he cried and soothed him when he got sick.

Screw Endeavor, and screw Dabi! She didn't need either of them then and she definitely didn't need either of their opinions now. Y/n picked up Kazuya to airplane him around the luxurious apartment sized bathroom, the boy crying out and laughing like a maniac at the mini rollercoaster Y/n provided for him.

"Screw anyone who isn't us."