Chapter #3 New friends

(A week later)

In Babylonia, Asher is standing in one of the many pod areas meant for constructs to have their rests, one of which held Lucia within it. Though the pods also serve to analyze the construct's status, which is why Asher contemplates recent events revolving around Lucia, from their encounter with the Ascendant. They haven't received any clue as to what could have obscured Lucia's vision while the others function just fine. Asher can only assume it has something to do with the virus from the Ascendant, which isn't unlikely, referring to his encounter with Y/n who proved new possibilities with the virus within himself. Thus, unless he knows more than he's said and is willing to share, Asher's as well as Lucia's answers are somewhere wandering on the ground. 

Asher is taken out of his thoughts from the sound the door sliding open. 

"You're still here." A man a little older than Asher states from his position in the doorway before entering and making his way to a terminal that monitored and recorded the states of the sleeping construct. He was a man with dark blue hair in white scientist robes.

"Sorry if I'm in the way." Asher sheepishly rubs his head. 

"While I can't share your worries, I wish you'd see it my way and not worry so much about the constructs on your team." The man huffs. 

"Well I'm not gonna pretend these constructs were born machines, Asimov, they know more than us humans what life looks like." Asher glared. The scientist, now named Asimov rolled his eyes and waved him off. 

"I don't mean to say that either. Now, you being here won't shed some light on the odd phenomenon that occurred. The concept surrounding the M.I.N.D. is very complicated and the secrets of it are classified." Asimov speaks without remorse. Asher wanted to speak more, but the door opening garnered both their attentions. 

In the doorway, stood a tall solemn man with white hair. He wore a commander suit with badges on his chest and had his arms crossed. While his appearance called for Asher to salute him, he chose to remain in position and on guard. 

"Commander Nikolas." Asher acknowledges him. 

"Don't have manners? Hmph, whatever, not like I have room in my time for pleasantries." The man scoffed as he glared at Asher. He turns his sights to Asimov, but speaks to Asher, "Leave, I have something to discuss."

Asher looked between the two as Asimov gave another eye roll. Asher nods and leaves silently. 

Nikola stares at the scientist before speaking as soon as the doors close behind him. 

"He's gotten quite agile with his new found power." He begins vaguely, though Asimov was already well aware of who he was referring to. 

"Must be a given since you still treat him as one of your personal attack dogs. 'New found power', pah, if there was any hesitance in sending on dangerous missions before, there's none to be found now."

"The man knew what he was signing up for when he left his team to go solo under my orders. Never bothered to complain."

"Then what is his mission now?" Asimov moves away from whatever concern he had about the subject of interest to whatever classified data worth knowing. 

"He makes periodic reports on his understandings and encounters of these Ascendant."

"He knew about them before 'Roland'?"

"He found evidence beforehand."

"I see... and his virus consumption?"

"Well maintained and disciplined, as he was advised."

My will is stronger then any program! (Male reader X Punishing Gray Raven)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें