Prologue.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘
(𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒)
PROLOGUE-----▹

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘(𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒)PROLOGUE-----▹

2000

A ROSY TINT covered Leigh's face as she ran through the park, one of the other kids, chasing behind her. She was always a very competitive kid, inheriting that from her father, but she wasn't as fast as the other kids she was playing tag with, most of them being a couple of years older than her since she had skipped two grades. 

And that's when it happened, with a flick of her wrist, everything around her slowed, she jolted to a stop, noticing what was happening, "Mommy!" she cried running towards her mother, but the woman was also stuck in the same speed as everyone else. "Mommy!" She shouted again, she stared at her hands in terror, she made the same movement with her wrist and everything returned to motion as though nothing had happened, "Sweetheart? Are you ok?" the woman asked, and the eight-year-old buried her face in her mother's shoulder. "It was so scary!" she cried. 

"What was sweetheart?" she asked, "Everything was all slow, and I was all alone." she cried lightly, "It's ok," her mother comforted, rubbing the girl's back slowly, "How about we go and get some lunch, yeah?" Leigh wiped her eyes and nodded.

2000, was a rough year for Leigh, she discovered these powers that she didn't understand and no one believed her, so she had no one to help her. So she was trying to figure out this crazy thing all by herself. It was also the year her parents started fighting, it was non-stop, her mother would yell at her father because all he did was work, she would scream and complain that she was raising Leigh all alone. 

The eight-year-old would cry herself to sleep night after night, trying to drown out the sound of her parents yelling with a pillow. During the day she would mess with her newfound abilities trying to figure out exactly what she could do.

She started to look forward to the time after school that she spent all alone practicing her powers, she always dreaded the nights, since her father worked such long hours so the shouting was always held off until then.

The day her mother left had been a long time coming, May 5, 2000.

Leigh Strange sat on a bench outside of her elementary school, waiting for her mother to pick her up, when it had been twenty minutes and her mother still hadn't shown up, the brunette's teacher started making calls. "I can't get a hold of your mom," Miss Smith said kneeling down in front of Leigh, "Do you know your dad's number?" the child frowned but nodded, typing the number into her teacher's phone, "Is this Stephen Strange?" Miss Smith asked into the phone, "We can't reach your wife, is there anyone who can pick up Leigh from school?" there was a pause, "Ok...of course, see you soon."Miss Smith walked back over to her, "Your dad is on his way." Leigh nodded silently, she knew something was wrong, she could feel it.

Stephen didn't look angry, just sad as he approached Leigh, "I'm so sorry princess" he whispered leaning down to hug the small child, she leaned into the hug tears streaming down her face, "She's gone, isn't she?" Stephen swallowed, and nodded, "It's you and me against the world, princess." 

What a lie that was...