Sixteen.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘
(𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒)
CHAPTER SIXTEEN----▹

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘(𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒)CHAPTER SIXTEEN----▹

QUEENS, NEW YORK

"Peter, why can't I just break his nose a little?" Tess questioned, "I mean this Flash we're talking about he has been bullying  you for years!" she exclaimed, shaking Peter's shoulder, "I know Teresa, it's just not worth it." 

"Did you just full first name me? How rude." Tess glared at him, "Don't look at me like that, I know you're not really mad, cause you haven't started rambling off in Italian." he defended, "Whatever, Please tell me you have the key, I left mine on the counter." 

"Yup," he tossed the key to Tess, and she easily caught it, sticking it in the door,  "Hey, Aunt May." Peter spoke, just as Tess said, "Hey Mama." Peter dropped his backpack next to the table, and Tess rolled her eyes picking it up and placing it on the chair, doing the same with her own, "Hey, you two."

"How was school today?" May asked, Tess, shrugged rounding the corner, "It was ok," Peter stated, "This crazy car parked outside..." Peter's voice trailed off noticing The Tony Stark sitting on the couch, and Tess noticed that Leigh was leaning against the wall near the couch. 

"Oh, Mr. Parker," Tony spoke up, and Tess just looked towards Peter knowing his response would probably be hilarious. "Um," he pulled out his earbuds, "What are..what are you...Hey, I'm Peter." Tess just started laughing, but quickly quieted based on the look May was sending her. 

"Tony," The man said, "What are you doing here?" Peter asked, "It's about time we've met, you've been getting my emails, right?" he asked winking twice, now Tess was quite confused looking at the brunette who was leaning against the wall, an amused look on her face, "Oh, I'm just here for moral support," Leigh shrugged.

"Yeah, yeah. Regarding the..." Peter started, before May cut him off, "You didn't even tell me about the grant." 

"About the grant," Peter said, and Tess found it very unconvincing, this was weird. "Yeah, the September Foundation." Tony stated, "Right." he breathed, "Yeah, remember when you applied?" Tony asked, and Peter nodded. 

"I don't..." Tess shook her head, "Yes, Peter sent the application in for you." Leigh quickly added in. "I approved. So now we're in business." Tony stated, "But you didn't tell me anything. What's up with that?" May asked, and Tess look at Peter, "Yeah, what's up with that?"

"Well, I just...I just know how much you like surprises, so I thought I would let you know...anyway, what did I apply for?" Peter asked Tony, "That's what I'm here to hash out." he explained, "Ok. Hash it out, ok."

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's Mom and Aunt," Tony stated, "Tony I swear to god," Leigh raised her voice slightly from where she was standing, "I mean this Walnut date loaf is exceptional," he added, and Leigh glared at him.

"Ok, let me stop you right there." Peter stated, "Is this grant got money  involved or whatever?" Peter asked, "Yeah its pretty well funded." Tony spoke, "Wow," Peter added, "I mean look who you're talking to. Can we have five minutes with them?" Tony asked, "Sure." May replied.

Tony and Leigh split up, taking the divide and conquer method, "Nice Room," Leigh smiled, following Tess through the doorway, there was a black widow poster hanging from a couple of thumbtacks on the wall, she would totally be telling Nat about that one. 

"Thank you..." Tess looked down at the ground slightly awkwardly, "Peter is a really bad liar. What's really going on?" Leigh usually does not take instruction from Tony, mostly because she's very stubborn, but this time she didn't have much choice. The brunette played a video for the younger girl, it showed Tess in her suit, "That's you?" 

"What...psh, No," Tess said shaking her head, Leigh arched her eyebrow, "Anyone tell you, that you're also a bad liar?" Leigh asked, she noted that Tess's eyes flickered up to a panel on the ceiling, she pushed it open reveling Tess's suit, "For future reference when you don't want someone to know where something is, don't look at it."

Tess muttered something in what Leigh could only assume was Italian, considering she couldn't hear the girl very well, "So you're 'Ghost-Spider', at least that's what the internet refers to you as, I'm assuming Peter knows, anyone else?" Leigh asked, and Tess shook her head, "Just me and him."

"So, Tony said that Peter's webs come out of some kind of device, do you have the same kind of thing going on or..." Leigh trailed off, "Oh, uh nope." Tess shot a web out of her wrist, in Leigh's direction which the older girl was quick to slow down the green mist floating around it, "Woah," Tess breathed, and Leigh crouched down slightly looking at the slowed-down web, "How did you do that?" she asked meeting Tess's brown eyes.

Tess shrugged, "It's kind of a long story," Leigh nodded, moving to sit down on the edge of the teenager's bed, "I get it, I am curious though, why do you do this?" Leigh asked, Tess, shrugged, "I guess it's kind of like this thing happened to me, and then my dad died, and..." she shook her head, blinking back a couple tears. 

"It's ok, you don't have to talk about it," Leigh quickly reassured her, "So, do you have a passport?" Tess's eyebrows pulled together, "Uh, no..nope."

"How do you feel about a trip to Germany?" Leigh asked, "Wha...I can not go to Germany." Tess shook her head, "And why not?" Leigh asked with a smile, "I...I can't go to Germany." she stammered again, "Look, Tess, we really need your help."

The younger girl pressed her lips together, "Fine."

-----

"Cap," Clint greeted, "You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve said, shaking his hand. "Hey, man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt." Clint said looking between the Maximoff twins, "Thanks for having my back, I know this probably won't go over well with Leigh,"

"She'll survive. Plus it was time to get off my ass." Wanda replied with a shrug, "And I go where she goes." Pietro added. "How about our other recruit?" Steve asked Clint, "He's rarin' to go." Clint said opening the Van door, "Had to put a little coffee in him but, he should be good."

Scott startled awake, "What time zone is this?" he asked, Clint just pushed him forward a bit, "Captian America!" he shook Steve's hand, "Mr. Lang."

"It's an honor." Scott spoke, "Wow! This is awsome!" he added turning towards Wanda, and pointed at Steve, "Captian America. I know you too, you're great!" Wanda smiled, "I just wanna say you know a lot of superhero people, so thank you for thinking of me." Scott stated. "Hey man," he waved at Sam, "What's up, Tic-tac?"

"Uh good to see you, look what happened last time..." he started, "It was a great audition, but it'll never happen again." Same cut him off, "They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked, "Something about some psycho assassins?" Scott asked, "We're outside the law on this one, so if you come with us you're a wanted man."

"Yeah, well, what else is new?" Scott asked, "We should get moving." Bucky quipped, speaking for the first time since they got there, "We got a chopper lined up." Clint said, and then the alarms started blaring, "They're evacuating the airport." Bucky stated, "Stark." Sam said, "Stark?" Scott questioned, 

"Suit up."