Revelations

Hey everyone! I know it's been a while, and I'm sorry for the wait, but please enjoy this chapter! 

I do not own Young Justice, or any of the pictures or music that may be included in this chapter.

Cassius POV (aka Caspian)

Outside my castle, the road leading up to the gates is crowded with carriages. The ball is tonight, and I can't ignore the bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

Shortly after the heroes caught me singing in the garden, I had approached them again to remind them of the ball and assign them a couple carriages. Giving them some tips on what to wear, I convinced most of them to dress in formal attire. The select few I couldn't convince, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Robin, and Superboy, all decided to remain in their hero costumes for one reason or another. 

I have no doubt the heroes will show up, they seemed very intent on informing me of the danger they discovered to my realm. Luthor is targeting me, and by doing so he is endangering all of my subjects. I have no doubt I can handle any threat that is thrown my way, but I will not risk the safety of my people. Also, the heroes themselves are not technically allies yet, they could always decide to turn against the vampires; I do not wish for them to become our enemies, but I will not hesitate against them if they choose to betray us. I am well aware of their caution to trust our kind, so I'd rather not give them reason to turn against us. Especially for what is to come.

I received a vision about what is to occur at the ball, that is when Luthor will attack. That man has an army following him, all with the purpose of invading my realm and 'acquiring' me. They will have someone to help them get through the barrier, and I know of only one person that would be able to let them through the barrier. The one person I gave permission to move through the barrier freely, whom I haven't seen in many years. 

I have been betrayed, and I cannot afford for the heroes to turn against me when I fight off this threat tonight. 

Running a hand through my hair, I sigh. 

Well, it's show time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heroes POV

Once we were all dressed and ready to meet the prince, the carriages Caspian sent for us showed up. We look up in awe at the glamorous transportation. 

"Holy carp! Caspian must be loaded!!" Yeah, that was Kid Flash. 

Aqualad and Superboy glare at Kid Flash. 

Flash, dressed in the sharp black suit most of the other male heroes are wearing, slaps his protégé over the head too quick for anyone to see. Although the heroes do hear Kid's loud exclamation of "OW!"

The Leaguers present get into the first carriage, while the protégés all pile into the second. Once they are all in, the carriages head off towards the palace. 

As our carriages line up outside the castle gates, we are able to admire the full beauty of the palace, and the lights of the city surrounding us. 

In the Leaguer's carriage, Green Lantern looks out the window warily. 

"I have a bad feeling."

Black Canary looks at him surprisedly. "I know we should be cautious around the vampires, but you seemed to like Caspian okay, and he's a noble. That must say something about this race."

Batman interjects, effectively interrupting GL. "No, I agree with Green Lantern. Something feels off."

Superman looks at Batman seriously. "The barrier is blocking my senses. My powers are only extending as far as the shield protecting this realm."