Monkeying Around

Cassius' POV

It's been a few days since the drug bust mission in the Carribean. Batman was mad, but he seemed content with the end result. I could tell the part where El Luchador mentioned me bothered him, but he hasn't said anything about it, so I guess he's not too worried about it right now. 

I'm a little anxious, as it's probably not a good thing that my name is being spread around the criminal underworld, but I'll just have to keep an eye out. 

Currently, I'm kicking Wally's butt at air hocky while the other teens sans Superboy are watching; he thought super speed would help him against a pure-blooded vampire, but my reflexes have been honed for hundreds of years. Flash would be able to beat me, but his protégé has nothing on me yet. 

I'm distracted from the game when the clone of Superman comes stomping into the cave, expression stormy. Worried, I hand over my mallet to Kaldur and immediately head over to Superboy. 

The clone stops when I reach him, touching his arm and getting his attention. His eyes rove over me, seeing my concern. His gaze softens a touch, and he sighs irritably. 

I give him a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. His lips twitch upwards slightly, and he grabs my hand to return the gesture. 

That's when the zeta beam announces Martian Manhunter and Black Canary, the aforementioned duo walking unhurriedly through the portal. However, the moment they do, Superboys expression becomes angry again, and he storms towards the hallway door. 

After a second of feeling dejected, I become angry myself. While M'gann talks animatedly with her uncle J'onn, Black Canary starts talking about the training she will be giving us from now on. Kaldur places a hand on my shoulder, giving me an imploring look. I huff irately in return but explain with no further prompting. 

"Superboy's in an awful mood, and I bet it's Superman's fault. He refuses to even look in his direction whenever he comes to the cave, what's his problem?!!" 

Aqualad listens quietly, patting my shoulder when I'm finished. He opens his mouth to respond, but at that moment, Canary calls out to Superboy. 

"Stick around, class is in session."

From there, everything goes downhill. 

First, Kid Flash shows off and gets his ass handed to him by Canary. 

Then, Superboy starts talking about how this is a waste of time, because he is a living, breathing weapon.

This is when I have to interject.

"That's not true, Superboy, and you know it." I protest heatedly, causing him to look at me, surprised, before frowning and turning away. 

But before I can get another word out, Canary interrupts. "Then perhaps you'd like to demonstrate."

I glare at the woman, but Superboy takes up a ready position opposite her. 

And she sends him flying. 

Robin starts to laugh but stops when I send him a glare that causes him to cover his mouth. 

Superboy once again tries to storm off, but Batman appears on the video cam to give us a new mission. 

Seeing the glower on Superboys face, I just know this is going to go badly. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting on one of the new motorcycles Batman provided for this mission. Apparently, we are escorting parts of an evil robot that the League destroyed earlier today and ensuring that it gets to Star Labs safely, for further study.