El Luchador Mission

Kind of a crack chapter but hope you guys like it!

P.S. This chapter contains cursing and some slightly sexual implications. 

Cassius' POV

The last week has been...eventful, to say the least. 

I've gotten used to living in the mountain, and I've had ample to time to bond with everyone. I find myself amused with Robin and Kid Flash's antics; teasing Kid Flash with Robin and playing jokes on him is quite entertaining. And Superboy and Aqualad...

...well, they're both wonderful. Superboy may be easily angered, but he is caring, protective, and innocent. Aqualad is brave, mature, and kind. Both are strong and commanding, and both make my cold heart warm. Especially when they call me Cass, as both have taken to calling me by that nickname now.

Turns out, vampires can blush, much to my continued embarrassment. Who knew?

But I digress.

Shortly after our new member, Miss Martian's arrival, we were given our first mission. 

It didn't go very well. 

We honestly had a bit of a rough start from the very beginning. Superboy, being a clone who was controlled by mind readers, did not take kindly to Miss Martian's mind probe, at all. I was able to convince him to come with us to ride in the Martian's bioship, but it was apparent he still held a grudge against her. 

That's when everything went from bad to worse. 

We ended up getting into a fight with a robot similar to Red Tornado. The group rushed in, and I ended up on damage control since there were still civilians in the area. I wasn't there for most of the fight, but when I was finally able to jump in and help, I ended up getting blown back with all the others. 

This, of course, made Superboy angry. He blew up at M'gann for tricking everyone into thinking Mr. Twister was Red Tornado, and for getting me hurt the second I was able to come help. 

However, instead of defending her as he tried to do in the show, Aqualad remained silent, looking similarly angry, much to my surprise. 

The others sent her back so they could 'finish the fight,' but luckily, M'gann was able to work up the courage to come back and explain her plan. 

Suffice to say, it worked, as I knew it would. Mr. Twister was defeated, and M'gann was able to cement her place on the team. 

(Seeing as the entire group already saw me fight back at my castle, my position was never questioned.)

Writer-san: It might also have something to do with the fact that two of the team members are crushing on you.

Cassius: *Ignores me*

 Superboy and Aqualad still act slightly cold to M'gann, but I'm sure that will change over time. 

That all happened a few days ago.

We're now waiting to be briefed by Batman for our second mission: the Santa Prisca mission. This is one I remember quite vividly, despite it being such a long time since my past life. This is where the team picks Aqualad as the leader, which is very likely to actually happen, considering he appears to be the most mature and teamwork inclined. 

"Isla Santa Prisca," Batman says in his usual monotone. The group straitens to attention as he starts to speak, pulling up a virtual screen of a large factory in the middle of a tropical forest. 

"There's a factory that's been shipping out suspicious substances; we suspect it's for a drug cartel. This is an information gathering mission. Get in, get informed, get out. Yes, Robin."