Chapter I: Ollie, short for Oliver

The mist clung to the mirror, making his appearance hazy. Ollie Bergman was in the midst of his nightly routine. His stash was kept under wraps in his room, smuggling each cosmetic into the bathroom when it was time for his nightly shower. His mother thought it strange for him to take a shower at night, she found it more plausible to shower in the mornings.

The shower ran hot. He played his music loud, in order to drown out the noise of each eyeshadow compact closing (he thought of details like this.) he took the small brush, dipped it into the compact, and applied the blue shadow to his eyelid. He had acquired each of his shadows and glosses from his friend Scarlett, so they were used and cracked.. the fallout was pretty bad and the colors never worked together, but Ollie was happy in his little bathroom, in front of his little mirror. He didn't find himself to be particularly vane, though others would call it that. He wasn't himself when he saw his reflection through different eyes.

The phone rang, startling him out of his make believe model haze. He checked the caller ID... it was Scarlett.

"Hello?" Ollie answered in a tired tone. He knew why she was calling, there was going to be a party she wanted to go to and she was going to try to make him go. 

"What's wrong? It's Friday!" Scarlett belted from the other side. "Don't remind me" Ollie said sarcastically, trying to sound disinterested.

"Colin is throwing a party at his house, I guess his parents are gone for the weekend on business." He could feel her smile from the other side of the phone.

"Scarlett I'm-" Ollie started.
"Just really tired and blah blah blah! You are going out tonight so get ready I'll be there at 9:00" Scarlett said slyly. "I was about to take a shower" Ollie complained. "Fine, shower, get your makeup on and wear something cute..." Scarlett said. She had a way with words, it made it impossible for Ollie to say no. "Fine-but I'm doing this against my will" Ollie replied playfully. "Whatever- ta-ta Ollie"
He hung up the phone with a sigh...
He wasn't disappointed, he hadn't really planned on doing anything for that night...he just couldn't say no.