𝒟𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈

Bondita is smitten by Anirudh. They had never known each other but since they are two barristers working together, she feels her heart fluttering with each step that she takes towards him. The road which leads her to him always appears so tempting to her and she feels herself getting drawn by his charm. In this one shot, Anidita are two barristers having no previous relationship with each other.

<><><><><><><><>

"You are so wrong, Bondita!" Rajeev snapped back at me. Why was it so difficult for him to understand that this time I had not messed things up? I was the one who was right this time. I sure lack experience as a barrister but that gives him no right to always find faults in my judgements and conclusions. I was so frustrated.

I sat down back on my desk, holding my head. From the corner of my eye, I could see him still blabbering nonsense. But I was so done for today. I could see him making weird gestures as he spoke. He was swaying his hands up and down, trying to prove his point to me, but would I ever budge? No. I was Barrister Bondita Das for the love of God!

I covered my ears with my palms which sure irritated him, I could make it out from his facial expressions. He stood there with a smug face and I burst into fits of laughter when I saw him flaring his nostrils. He might just explode with frustration and to add more, I laughed uncontrollably. My insides were hurting and even I was unable to make out why I was laughing like an idiot.

He raised his eyebrows, glaring at me.

I retorted back, still unable to hold my laughter," But...you look so funny..when you make that face..!"

He was trying hard to not laugh but he failed miserably. Soon we realised that we were laughing like idiots.

But then we heard a firm voice.

"What is happening here?"

I froze.

It was him. Barrister Babu Anirudh Roy Chowdhury, the best barrister in Tulsipur and Rajeev and I worked under him.

We immediately zipped up our mouths, such was his demeanour. Rajeev stood in front of me as I was sitting on my desk. I could not see Barrister Babu as my back faced him. I closed my eyes in nervousness as I quietly stood up from my desk. I still did not face him.

I could hear his footsteps approaching from behind and I felt my cheeks burn. My heart beat was accelerating at a different rate. I cursed my entrails for making me shiver out of anticipation. Such was the effect he had on me. I fidgeted with the end of my saree taking deep breaths. I could feel Rajeev's eyes on me and I was so sure that he had noticed the red tint that painted my cheeks.

I gulped when I finally felt Barrister Babu standing just besides me. I still didn't look at him. Why was it so hard?

I still looked down. I soon realised that now Barrister Babu and Rajeev had switched places. I finally looked up at him.

Time stopped.

He was so fine. My eyes traced his sharp features and his spectacles were so perfect for his sharp nose. He was so handsome. His bow shaped lips were so tempting and his eyes! His eyes! I wish he could take his spectacles off for once. Not that I had not seen him without specs! Of course I have! His orbs were as dark as the midnight sky and I wish I could trace the contour of his face which was so delicately carved.

It was not just his outer beauty but his golden heart. Compassionate, open minded and yes, he respected every woman out there. No one could ever raise his voice in front of him. It was always just him being the one taking the lead and guiding others towards glory and perfection. Not only did he respect women, but he taught others too. I had been working under him from long and I was always left baffled at his ways.