Episode 1: Years go on

We failed...

We lost him...we lost everyone..

We actually managed to get around the city without being spotted...we first went to Mike's house to find him and Sayori's parents.

What we found there was not what we expected and feared because it was even worse...
His house was blown to bits in a burning pile of ash and debris..Sayori's house being right next to it killed her parents immediately..and Michael..

Through the junk and brunt wood we found another one of those things...it was brunt to a crisp with it's face deformed and lower half missing...stuck under a large block of cement as it tried clawing at me when I approached it...

Sure enough it was a male and with every fibre of my being telling me it's not true...it has him..we couldn't save Mike... But we couldn't let him suffer either. We came to the dreaded decision of ending this torment of his...

•••••••••
2 years later
•••••••••

I couldn't remember which one of us killed him that day, I was so overwhelmed with rage...and drowning in my own tears.

And it only got worse from there..none of our parents were ever found either and mine...they were also confirmed dead by me..

It hurts to even look back to it now because every time I do it just reminds us that we lost...everything...our hope...a member of our group...a friend who we valued more than our parents.

And now we're just empty shells...
Animals forced to survive in a world we once called a good life...everything changed and so did we.

The world wasn't ready to ease up on us so we had to play the way it wanted...

The days turned into months and months into years, we slowly became ruthless savages that found ease in slaughtering those things for our own safety...

The girls...had completely turned from what they used to be...Yuri most of all.

When we went to her house that day she was the only one who went in to check. After an hour she walked out a new person...there was an unnerving fire in her eyes and in her hand was a sword I once saw hung up in her living room...

Ever since that day she became more...aggressive and more responsible... She wouldn't say what happened in there but she said that she's sworn to protect us and would die before breaking that promise.

Natsuki was something else...her whole take the situation was concerning..she would be the one to take unnecessary risks just to get a kill...she developed a new found bloodlust... The girl who was at her breaking point for hitting someone with a chair was now keeping a kill count with blood stains in her fingernails...but her demeanor towards us never changed...she was still caring and considerate and like Yuri prioritizing our well being.

Now...Sayori was honestly the only one of us who hadn't entirely changed which was quite the twist...with this entire apocalyptic scenario and the losses she's experienced I expected her to be the one to be at her tipping point the most out of all of us.. She remained her old positive and...joyful self whenever we needed it...although she was forced to be trained in self defense by the rest of us we couldn't break her spirit and we didn't want to...