The Greatest Reunion

9News Melbourne#BREAKING: The world is officially covid19-free and anyone can travel anywhere visa-free

9News Melbourne
#BREAKING: The world is officially covid19-free and anyone can travel anywhere visa-free.

I throw my mobile at the corner of the couch, dance like a crazy woman, bending and stretching my body like Elastigirl before I get my laptop. I'm very happy. I can't contain my happiness. Who wouldn't after suffering from pandemic blues for almost five years?

I am stranded in the city with the longest lockdowns in the world.

Alone.

No family.

No partner.

I've been battling with myself to keep me afloat. To keep me sane, healthy and see the silver lining to this pandemic.

Without any hesitation, I go to the website of Emirates Airline and book the flights going to Berlin, where my boyfriend lives, with a stopover in Dubai to visit my family.

Finally, the greatest reunion!

My eyes water when my feet touch the ground of Dubai International Airport where my parents and sisters are waiting to welcome me with open arms.

We cry in each other's arms, holding each other to compensate for the hard long years of just seeing each other on the screen. I forget how good it is to feel the real embrace, not just through a hugging face emoji.

We talk nonstop. I eat every food my Mom cooks to fill my stomach as well as my heart. To stock up on healthy foods. As a nurse, my life had been threatened multiple times by coronavirus.

After the overly dramatic and quick reunion with my family, my heart is thumping so hard against my chest at the sight of my boyfriend, holding a sheet of paper.

Come over here, Babe.

My feet accelerate, almost running, too excited to close the gap between me and the love of my life.

Two feet more, yet I drop all the bags I'm holding and jump on my man who catches me and twirls us around.

"You're here! I can't believe it. You are here."

As his lips crash to mine, I am taken to the farthest planet where there's only me and him, exploring each other like we've never done it before. It's a miracle to be in his arms after more than three years of celibacy, not seeing each other and the numerous times one of us wanted to break up.

"I'm never letting you go. I'll go wherever you will go."

I smile in his lips at the intensity and sincerity lacing in every word he utters.

"There's no place I'd rather be than here in your love."

My heart is full.

My mind is at peace.

"Good day. This is a fire alarm test. I repeat. This is a fire alarm test."

I squint my eyes at the speaker mounted on the ceiling as I grab my mobile.

Saturday, 18 December 2021.

Not covid19-free.

No reunion.

Not great.

"Emergency, please evacuate now."

Twin tears flow down my cheeks.

It was just a dream.

I wish it wasn't.

### Author's Notes ###This is my most favorite prompt in Aim To Engage 2021

This is my most favorite prompt in Aim To Engage 2021. Who wouldn't wish to defeat this coronavirus?

Thank you for reading.

Lovelots,
Alya