It All Happened On A Sunday

Yesterday, I turned 16

Yesterday, I turned 16. I was over the moon when my parents deposited a hefty amount into my bank account.

Yes! I'll buy the BTS Butter hoodie and Jimin's Lovers T-Shirt.

My parents are both working and often go for business trips and I'm left with my strict and overly conservative grandmother.

"No alcohol. No drugs. No smoking."

I won't.

"Don't talk to boys."

"How about gays?"

"They still have penis that can get into your pants."

Right, because penis has feet that detach to its owner and unzip my pants. Whatever.

I'm socially awkward, especially in front of boys but I'm one of the die-hard fans of BTS. A certified active ARMY. They are my boys, my fantasy and I often get lost in a daydream. I hide it from my family otherwise I'll never hear the end of it.

Today's the first Sunday of the month, meaning entrance to the museums are free. After buying the BTS merch, I go out to visit the Aviation Museum.

I explore the cockpit of different aircrafts and read the history of a particular war plane. I yelp when someone puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Babe, let's go."

"What —"

He puts the earphone on my ear and play an audio.

Don't look at me, just play along. The bulky guy wearing red on your right has been following and eye-raping you for minutes now.

I gasp and shiver at the thought.

I'll escort you outside until you get in a taxi.

I walk with him like a robot, not daring to look at his face nor at the guy in my peripheral view who's not subtly following us.

Before I can release a sigh of relief after exiting the museum, people start shouting and running toward us.

"Shit!"

He grabs my wrist to run toward the black tinted Audi and I slip inside without any protest. All I want is to get out of here as fast as we can. I use my hair and hands to hide my face as the crowd starts taking pictures.

We breathe a sigh of relief when we have joined the cars on the road. When my heart calms down, I glance at the guy beside me who is looking outside while apologizing for the mishaps, his driver is the translator. His voice, accent, his build, smell and demeanor are so familiar.

"Jimin? OMG, you're Jimin, my mochi!"

I'm surprised I don't faint when he turns to face me with his signature eye smile, removes his cap and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Hi. What's your name?"

"Natalia Meyer."

"Natalia, please don't breathe a word to anyone."

"I won't. I owe you my safety today. Thank you. "

"Always be aware of your surroundings."

I almost scream when he holds my hand and gives me his cross bracelet.

"Your memento for today."

I'm still in a daze when I reach home. Was it just another daydream?

I lift my hand where the steel cross is dangling.

### Author's Notes ###
I've reached my limit. This is the last entry for Aim To Engage 2021.

Thank you for reading my stories.

Lovelots,
Alya