9 - Heart to Heart.

Bhishma, the Pandavas, Kunti, Uttara, Subhadra and Draupadi were surprised at the exchange between the father-son. Astonishment could be seen at the ease and lack of boundary between father and son. None had thought that Duryodhana could be so at ease with his child. They had thought he would get angry at Laxman impudent berating of his father, instead Duryodhana took it lightly. He did not get angry. He was not even offended. None of them had seen this side of his. 

On the other hand, Krishna was immensely curious about this lady. He had of-course heard that Angaraja was married, but he hadn't given much thought to the woman. She admittedly had not seem significant enough for him to gain any information on her. It seemed to have been a mistake. Being bound by human rules and inhabiting a human body he made sure to not strain his limited bodily capabilities, too much

"Someone asking about me?" 

The moment an unfamiliar/familiar voice was heard, everyone swirled around the tent's entrance. There standing in common, bland clothes was a woman, whose presence commanded immediate attention. She was carrying two plates, filled with food. One large enough for two people, and another one meant for only one.

She rose a mocking eyebrow, looking amused when those who did not know her tensed, "What a party has gathered. I did not expect that."

Everyone could hear the mockery in her tone. It would be safe to assume that she had guessed they would be here. 

"Jyesht Mata!" Laxman made his way to her with a bright smile as she came inside the tent, looked relaxed amidst enemies. 

"Putra Laxman," Ira's voice was soft when she addressed him, as she handed him a plate, "Go inside and eat. You're not at your full strength yet."

Laxman grumbled a bit at being treated like a child, but did as told after giving her side-hug.

Duryodhana watched with the scene with a fond smile, as he came forward to take the other plate from her, "Bhabhishri."

Ira looked at him for a few seconds, her sharp gaze making him fidget before a small smile graced her lips, "Suyo. I hope you have not gotten hurt much."

"None that couldn't be healed after appropriate treatment," he replied, following behind her like a child. Ira gave a small chuckle, "Come sit. Let me see where you got hurt."

"I am fine, bhabhishri," Duryodhana insisted, though he had a small smile, as she fussed over him even though she could feel the piercing, astonished and trepidation filled gazes at her back.

After several moments of tense silence, she finally turned back to face her guests. Her gaze blank and face devoid of any emotion, as she said, "What do I owe the pleasure of so many uninvited guests?"

For some moments no one said anything before Yuddhisthira, the ever proper man spoke, his voice hesitant yet having a firm undertone, "Aabhar apka. Apne humare Abhimanyu ko jeevan daan diya. (Thank you. You saved our Abhimanyu's life)"

She leveled him with an unimpressed stare, "If Vrisha haven't bought him, I wouldn't have healed him. Unlike him, I am not generous."

Yuddhisthira did not know what to say, though he did feel he should ask where the King of Anga was. Yet something in the fiery eyes of the woman standing in front of them, cautioned him against it. That was nothing against the can of worms that had been dug out by his own mother. He still haven't comprehended what his mother had said previously. As he glanced at the woman again, he noticed several things. She wore clothes meant for a commoner, yet had a bearing of a warrior. Nothing about her was ordinary. He wondered who she was. 

"Then what was the reason behind the rumour?" asked Krishna, as he met the woman's eyes. Something about her felt way too familiar for him, yet he could not pinpoint the exact reason.