Good Morning

Mirabel's POV

It's been a 2 months since everything happened, 2 months since Antonio's gift ceremony, the cracks in the wall, the candle's light dimming, my choice to save the miracle, the vision, Bruno, me and Isabella bonding, me and Abuela's argument, the Casita falling, me leaving the encanto, Abuela and me making up, bringing Bruno home, rebuilding Casita and returning all the magic. That was probably the best moments in my life, well aside from loosing Casita. It was midnight, everyone was asleep, except me. Thinking about all these things didn't matter.

I mean sure, it's been 2 months since I've done everything but like I said, it's not like it matters anymore. Everyone has forgotten it. And by everyone, I mean everyone, Abuela, Papá, Mamá, Tià Pepa, Tío Félix, Tío Bruno, Isabella, Dolores, Camilo, Luisa, everyone in town town and  even Antonio. I honestly don't blame any of them, they're all busy with everything especially Dolores, since the 2 month anniversary of her being with Mariano. I don't blame Antonio, he's still just 5, he's a child and he has responsibilities now. Everyone is back to treating me like they did before I did everything. I mean, sure, they're all nicer, but other than that, things are still the same. Even Tío Bruno has forgotten stuff, the only thing he remembers is that I'm the one who convinced him to come home.

Even the villagers, I mean sure I'm mentioned all the time and people talk about me, but I'm still reminded that I'm the only one without a gift. There are two things that I'm glad hasn't changed. The kids in the village still love hearing my stories and my singing which I do often, but my family doesn't notice. The other thing is Antonio. He looks at me as if I'm his "Mamá", he still looks at me and says the things he used to before his gift ceremony. But other than that, things are the same.

Suddenly, I saw Casita move the tiles and Casita brought my clock to me, I saw it was time to wake up, 6 am. I looked outside my window to see the sun rising. "Ay Dios Mijo, I have got to stop daydreaming" I thought. I got out of bed, put my glasses on, put my dress on, put my butterfly brooch on my shoulder, combed my short but very curly hair, then grabbed my handmade bag. I then look at myself in the mirror. "Make your family proud" I said to myself. I always did that, ever since I didn't get a gift. I always felt a strong urge to prove to my family and the miracle itself, that I was still special. I walked towards my door and put on my shoes as Casita moved the boards to get my shoes.

I first went to each of my family members door to wake them up and help them get ready. All I had to do was make sure to knock and then I could open the door. I started with Abuela, making sure to knock in a random rhythm. I opened the door and saw her sleeping soundly.  I smiled before going over to her bed. " Good Morning Abuela" I said gently. She opened her eyes and smiled. "Good Morning Mija" she said back. She got up and I walked her to her bathroom. She went inside while I got her clothes and shawl ready. When I finished helping her she gave me a kiss on the cheek, said a "thank you" and went downstairs.

Next I went to my parents room, my Mamá and Papá share a room together. I did the same thing when I was at Abuela's door, went inside and helped my parents get ready for the day. My parents love me and are a bit overprotective, since I did risk my life for the candle. After helping them we go downstairs and I help my Mamá by getting her cart ready. Since my Mamá had gotten the gift to heal anything with the food she bakes, she has to go to the village and give the food with anyone who is sick or injured. When Mamá left, We both gave each other a hug. Then my Papá went to the kitchen with the table already set, thanks to me and Casita.

I went back to the rooms to wake up my Tiá Pepa and Tío Felix.  Like my parents, they share a room. I went to their room and was careful not to knock so loud. My Tiá is a light sleeper. This one time I knocked a bit loudly and she created a storm cloud and struck my Tío with lightning. When they woke up my Tiá was much more cheerful. I laid their clothes for them, helped my Tiá with her hair and then gave her a warm hug. Whenever she wakes up, she always askes me for one since it always reminds her to stay calm. That and when she gets worries or upset, she keeps repeating "Clear skies, Clear skies, Clear skies" until she calmed down. They both went down to eat.

Next was my Tío Bruno. He has the WORST room ever! There are a million stairs, luckily, he decided to wait a the bottom with his bed to make things easier. Unlike my parents or my Tiá, he always tells me to let myself in since he's a very heavy sleeper. When I went to his room, I saw him sleeping on his bed peacefully. I then went to wake him up. I tried shaking him. Nothing. I tried shouting him awake. Nothing. I then went with the third method, tickling him. It worked. He pretty much laughed himself awake. When he saw me he smiled gently. "Morning' kid!." he said cheerfully. "Good morning Tío" I said back with a smile. I then helped him with his poncho and shoes. Then we both left his room and he went to the kitchen.

OK. Adults. Check. Next, Grandkids. I always did them from oldest to youngest.

First, my 21 year old sister Isabella. I go to her room. I knock and enter her flower covered room. She does have the power to create flowers in her hands and to make flowers bloom when she wakes up. At first it was noting but a bunch of roses, but know it was any kind of plants. I see her on her bed, her hair in different colors, but we can still see her naturel black hair. I gently shake her shoulder before she gracefully opens her eyes. I smile. " Good Morning Isa". I said. She smiled before getting up. "Morning!" she said cheerfully before pulling me into a hug. Unlike the adults, Isa doesn't need me to help her get dress. All she needs is to be woken up and that's all.

Next, my 21 year old cousin Dolores. Dolores has the gift of super hearing. She can hear a pin drop from miles away. I enter her room. I set her clothes on her dresser, put her bow tie, her earrings and her shoes ready for her. I then try to shake her awake even though I know it will never work. She is the second heaviest sleeper I have ever seen. The first one is definitely Bruno. I then do what I've always done. "WAKE UP!!!!" I shout from the top of my lungs. Dolores wakes up gracefully and when her eyes land on me she smiles. Every morning, I wake her up by shouting, then I whisper because her ears can still hear sounds miles away. I then start whispering. "Good Morning Dolores, I have everything set up for you. I'm sure you can already hear them but Isa and the adults are all downstairs." I said. She then covers her ears and nods. letting me know she heard them. I then leave the room.

Then, my 19 year old sister, Luisa, who has super strength. She can lift a church with 2 hands! She's easy to wake up. I go to her room, filled with a few things for her to lift. I go up to her drawer. I get her clothes, shoes and hair tie and put them on her bed. I go up to her and then shake her awake. She opens her eyes. When she sees me, she grabs me and literally crushes me in a hug. "Good Morning "she says peacefully. At first, I struggle to find some air. But then I do. "Good morning. Clothes, shoes and hair tie are on the drawers." I squeak out. Luisa lowers me and gives me a smile. Then I leave the room to let her change.

Next up, Camilo, the one cousin who can shapeshift into anyone. I came to his room, remembering to knock quietly, like my Tiá, he's a light sleeper. I grab his sandals, clothes and ruana. But as soon as I gently touch his shoulder, he opens his eyes. we both smile at each other.   "Morning primo" I say smiling. He smiles back "Good Morning prima" he says back. I help him with his ruana. I put it in the place he likes before we both exit the room. 

Great only one cousin left. Don't tell anyone I said this but his room is my favorite! It's  Antonio's room. The room of the sweetest Madrigal ever!!!!

Finally, I reach Antonio's room. I know there are a lot of animals in there, since he can talk to them. When I enter his room, I first went to wake him up. I gently tap his shoulder. When he opens his eyes and looks at me. He immediately gets up and hugs me. I chuckle. "Good Morning Tonito" I say. He smiles before saying "Good morning, Mira". I help him get dress. Then I help him feed all the animals. Since I was always helping Antonio with his animal friends, they all absolutely  adore me and I absolutely adore them. I mean sure, when I started helping them, I was absolutely afraid of all of them. Antonio's friends were afraid of me too and being animals from the wild, they all did the one thing they all usually did when they were afraid: Act fierce. Antonio was able to calm them down and now we all love each other. When we were finished, we waved goodbye to the animals and I gave them all kisses on the head. We are about to leave when he suddenly grabs my arm. I look at him worriedly. "What's wrong Tonito?" I ask concerned. He looks up at me. "What if everyone treats you like they always do?" he askes in a whisper. I'm shocked by this. I honestly have this feeling that today, things are going to be the same. But I don't want to worry Antonio, so I manage to say one small lie. "I'm sure today is going to be a good day" I say. He smiles at that and I know he believes me. We finally go downstairs to eat.