Chapter 2: Imagine not being a telepath

It worked? I asked. Yeah I can hear you. What did you try out? He asked. I concentrated my mind into a string and sent it straight to your brain.  Ok I will try it out he responded. I could feel his concentration getting sharper, his mind stretching into a thin line. Ok I am in. Wow, I can hear what you are thinking but I can also feel what you are feeling. I can tell what you are doing too. Do something and I will tell you what you are doing. He said. I started spinning in circles and he responded with, are you spinning in circles? Yes I am. I answered. Concentrate even harder and see what happens. He said. Ok will do. I responded.  What? He questioned. I said, will do to what you said. I answered. I did not say anything. Adawolf said. I broke my connection and my eyes snapped open and saw a gray wolf bolt behind my cave wall. "Have you been listening to our conversation this whole time?" I asked. Vindinci came out from his hiding spot. "Maybe." He said with a smile. "You are most likely the youngest wolfs I have ever seen that have been able to communicate telepathically." "Thanks." I said. Is that Vindinci? Adawolf asked. I connected back and said yeah he was listening to our conversation. I could tell he was angry so I sent him the tiniest bit of my calm energy and he calmed down. "Instead of connecting to his mind like thin string, imagine it like a string but at the last moment turn it into a blanket and make it cover his whole body." Vindinci explained. "Ok....." Was all I could think of. It was definitely hard to imagine that but I tried. I sent the string of mental energy but right before I reached his mind I expanded it into a cloth and made it cover his whole body. It was definitely harder to hear what he was thinking but there were many benefits. I could feel what he was feeling, I could sense what he was doing down to the tiniest detail. Then there was something crazier, I could see what he was seeing. But I quickly found that it drained my energy very quickly. In moments I was knocked out. I woke up and I had a huge head ache. "Hey Eyolf. Tell me what you did." Adawolf demanded. "Ugh, fine." I explained what Vindinci told me and he said. "Ok I am going to try that on you." "Please don't I already have a headache from last night and I don't-" I was interrupted by a tingling feeling in my mind and the headache exploded. "Stop please" I managed to speak. "Woah. This is SO cool. Can I do it agai-" he tried to ask but my mind forced me to go to sleep by that point. I woke up and I could tell my mind was mad at me. It felt like a was running a marathon with every step and my brain was throbbing. I managed to walk to Vindinci's cave but only to find an old buddy. "Hey I remember you." I realized. He was with Vindinci when they captured me at the fake heaven tower. (If you don't know what I am talking about go read my first book, Pack of Shadows: Origin.) "Oh yeaaaah I remember you. I was the one who changed night to day." He tried saying with a heroic accent. "What brings you here?" He asked. "I was looking for Vindinci, do you know where he is? I questioned. "Oh yeah he went to Japan to visit the koi fish." He explained. I just melted, I could not walk anymore and I could not ask anybody else for help. I just crashed to the ground and closed my eyes. After what felt like 10 hours a bottle hit my lips and my headache stoped and my limbs regained energy. "WOW." Was all I could say. He gave me what I call the bottle of youth. It was a bottle with a white liquid that looked like clouds but has gold streaks in it. "Ok back to the real question, did you say that Vindinci was having a meeting with koi fish? What are they talking about." I asked. "Business." He responded with a straight face. "He is discussing strategies with the koi fish. How is that hard to understand?" He asked. I just shook my head and left. I met up with my friends and we decided to play a game. We made up this game where you run through this obstacle coarse, you carry a small ball and you run through the coarse. But the thing is that two people are trying to hit you with there powers. If you get tagged with the ball your team losses that round. But you can pass to your teammate at any time but your teammate can not hold it for more then two seconds. We tried it out and for this game it would be me and Adawolf and Beowulf and Louve.  "You sure you guys want to do this? We have twin telepathy." Louve said. I connected with Adawolf and we both said at the same time, good thing we have actual telepathy. Then the games began. "One more rule. You can't talk to each other out loud, you can use signs or anything like that but you can't speak verbally." I announced. We all agreed and little did they know that they just activated my trap card. I set up the obstacle coarse and the games started. I was the runner and I bolted for the end of it. I dodged and weaved until Adawolf said Pass it now. I launched the ball at him right before I got hit with a energy beam. I got back up and began running again. Catch. Adawolf warned. I was able to Catch it right before it hit me in the face. THROW IT ,HURRY!  He said and it barely left my fingers before I got hit with a stream of Louves dark quintessence. I was at the end but Adawolf still had it. I sprinted backwards to confuse them and it worked. They were chasing me and when I knew they could not turn back In time, I activated my soul state and bolted for the finish. The problem was that Adawolf had already thrown it because he could not hold it for more then two seconds. He threw it in the air which was very helpful. I dived to the finish but I jumped to far. It was falling and I to far forward to catch it. I used my tail at the last second and flicked the ball forward and caught it. "Congratulations, team 1 wins but I have to talk to you about something." Vindinci said. "Due to matters, we have to leave for your mission at this second."