Chapter 8: Interrogation

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked. "Never mind." He responded with. "You said two hot chocolates?" "Umm... yeah." I choked out. He gave us two steaming hot cups of hot chocolate. We went to a secluded area and enjoyed our treats. But as I was drinking mine I noticed some texts on it. It read, Better hurry, the boss does not like to be kept waiting. "Ok ,what does he mean boss?" I asked. I showed Adawolf but he did not know. I went back to the hot chocolate man but he was not there. Something was definitely fishy so I thought about what he meant by boss. Maybe he was talking about Vindinci. Me and Adawolf traveled to his cave and entered. "Did you want to see us?" I asked. Vindinci turned around and gave us a blank expression. "I don't remember calling you." He said. "Oh, ok sorry." Then we left feeling the most amount of embarrassment a man could feel. We both put our brains until we came to an outcome. "Kiran." We pulled out our pendants and walked into the portal and exited in Anthornia. The experience was not as bad as before but it still made me want to throw up. We exited and we found the same gray and yellow along with a chain on his wrist. "What happened?" I asked while looking at the chain. He looked down and up at us and said "This is so the prisoner does not get too far. I am glad you are here." He led us to a room with a large glass wall and then a portal opened and Willow came crashing through and hit the other side of the glass. "This is the prisoner." I realized. Honestly I am glad I was apart this. "Wolves. I DO WHAT WAS RIGHT AND NOW I AM BEING PUNISHED?" She yelled. "Can you tell me what is just about wanting to kill an animal?" Kiran questioned.I know what he meant but those words kind of hurt. He called me an animal. "That was a slight modification to the plan." She said calmly. "Sorry," I interrupted, "You mean you could have completed your mission without almost killing me? Why did you change your plan?" I asked. "You annoyed me." She responded. Can I freeze her? I asked. After a minute Kiran responded with, just her legs. I made sure to freeze every part of her leg so she could not move. "Oh yeah you wanna play like that?" She said. She thrust her wing forward but nothing happened. She tried again and then she gave up and asked. "I can't use my gift in here can I?" Kiran nodded and she tried to sit down but she couldn't because of the ice. So being the good man I am, I retracted the ice. It was hard though because it seemed like even the ice wanted to punish her. "Bad move." Kiran said. Right when the ice had left her leg she pointed to her leg and showed a tiny device. She flew up to the top of the low ceiling and said, "Checkmate." And she flew and portal that had opened. I just sat there and then Kiran said "Next time, freeze her wings." He just swiped his hands in the air and Willow was teleported back. I quickly froze the tips of her wings so she could not fly. "Did you say something?" Kiran asked. She held up The unholy finger at Kiran and she sat down again. "Let's start from the beginning, Shall we? What can you tell us about the "Bad Blood" against wolves?" Kiran asked. She just smiled as if she was thinking "I have been waiting for something to rant about." "It began when we were given the Gifts of power. It was given to us by Ursa major, Nocta and Lupus. These were known as the the celestial 3. Each of them gave a major upgrade to the gift. Lupus gave extreme speed, Ursa Major gave Extra defence and Nocta gave the ability to control the elements. The first Owls who received a gift were given the most powerful and were able to conquer countries with a snap of a finger. But when they all passed away, that is when you wolves attacked. You burned our forest and stole our Gift of power.  Now we are wanting what is rightfully ours." She explained. "That is all true except for one part." Kiran said, " We did not steal it, We won it in battle." "Yeah right." "I was there, It was when I was young. I was assigned as the documenter and watched from a distance. Our chief fought and won the Gift of Power. We did not steal anything, If you do not believe us, answer me this. What was your chiefs gift?" "He had the power to control fire." "And your forest burned down. Do you know what kind of fire that was?" "Eternal Fire." Willow answered. "I can assure you that none of the wolves on our side have acquired the power of the Eternal fire." "Then who burned down our beautiful forest?" Willow asked. "An evil organisation that chose to abandon our tribe." "I have no idea who you are talking about." "Will you join our team again and not try to assassinate any wolves?" "On one condition, I will join if you will let me avenge my clan if you find the person who burned our forest." Kiran thought for a second and then said, "Deal." The room opened and Willow walked out and she did look as mad but she did look like she did not want to be here. I had to retract my ice but my ice wanted to smack me for doing so. I could tell Eyolf was trying to say "DID SHE NOT TRY TO KILL YOU 5 MINUTES AGO?!" "Hey Eyolf." Kiran said when Willow walked away. "When were you going to tell me about the dream you had and the relic you found?" "You searched my memories without my permission." I said. He nodded and I explained everything about the dream and the relic. "I think you should get another prophecy." He said. I sighed and said."Ah yes, I would love to see another wolf break his own jaw!"