Chapter 4

Emerald

It has been two days since I am back in New York, and it feels so good. Right now I am staying with Eriee in her Condo, which she bought saying that she wanted a space for herself. It is a beautiful place with a breath-taking view of New York city.

I had woken up early today, and was done with my morning routine, made breakfast for both of us, and was now waiting for Eriee to come down so that we could eat together. Today we were going shopping, because tomorrow is a very special day for us. Its our parents Anniversary celebration and they have no clue that I am back home, and this time I am not going back. They are going to be so happy, I can't wait to meet them and see their surprised faces.

So yes, we both were going to choose dresses for ourselves, because come on.....we Gotta look our best!! "Hey Emmy!!!" called my 'always ready to jump on me monkey sorry, sister Erica! "Hi Eriee!" I laughed and hugged her back. "Okay! now lets get done with our breakfast and head out, you know right, that we are going for shopping?" I told her. "OHH!! Hell yeah we are going Shoppingg!!!" she was so excited for this. I could not hold back my laughter. Sometimes I just forget that she is all grown up now.

Soon we finished our breakfasts and went for our dress hunt. I did not remember my encounter with that Hot strangers at the coffee shop AT ALL!!'Whatever sails your boat, Emmy! mocked my sub-conscious smugly' 

Like always, I just ignored her!

***********************************

AT THE MALL

We walked around, going through all the different stores to choose dresses, but nothing really appealed us. So we kept going. Honestly, I love shopping only to an extent, its gets so exhaustive when you don't get what you are looking for. But my damn sister, is nowhere close to exhaustion, I wonder what would she make us do for her wedding, if she is so excited for a party. 

I was about to give up on this dress-hunt, and show up in my denims and sneakers, I mean who cares, my dad and mom would get excited just seeing me at the party, and that's all that mattered to me right now. "Earth to princess" snapped Eiree. "Sorry, I zoned out" I smiled at her sheepishly. She just rolled her eyes at me and said "I could tell Emmy, and I know you are exhausted, but we have to find a dress, that's non-negotiable".  I wonder where she gets that attitude from, oh yeah, "Our Dad has the same look, whenever he is negotiating".

Suddenly she dragged me into a beautiful store, it was bigger, brighter, and more sophisticated that the stores we visited before, and moreover, I didn't see this store before 'you haven't been here for 5 years Emmy' said my sub-conscious in her Duh tone. 'Yeah. right' 

Every dress in this store looked perfect. "Erie, why didn't you just bring me here, could have saved us the time". "Well, like the saying goes, 'BEST FOR THE LAST', this store would not disappoint us, I was sure of it" said Eriee. She said it so casually, if she was not my baby sister, I would have banged her head on the wall, she made be walk the whole damn mall, for crying out loud. 

"Stop giving me that look Emmy! I just wanted to surprise you" she said pouting. I just rolled my eyes at her, "whatever, Eriee". She stick her tongue out, like a small baby and went on to look for dresses. I also started looking at the dresses, they were all gorgeous. 

We both tried on few dresses.