D.B. RUSSEL - "CHEMISTRY"

Ever since Russel joined the team, you had always been on good terms with him, not just as colleagues but as friends too. You helped each other through hard times, family issues, breakups and work-related incidents.

And over the course of a few months after Russel's addition to the team, your feelings for him only grew more and more, making cases and work seem more exciting than it had been in a long time.

With enough convincing from Morgan, Sara and Catherine, you decided to finally go for it, be bold and come clean to Russel.

One night while working overtime....

"Oh that's odd..." you said, nose deep in a microscope.

"What is?" Russel asked, walking up from behind. You then handed over the microscope to him so he could get a look for himself.

"Oh yeah... now that IS interesting." Russel said, before adding the finding to his notes.

"I never thought someone would be dumb enough to paint their car with house paint.." You sighed, shaking your head, before sealing off the paint chip into the evidence box.

"The way society is these days.. I can't say I'm surprised." The old man said chuckling.

"Right.."

"So.. any plans for tonight Y/N?" D.B. asked, peaking up from his notes to look at you.

"Besides this, no." You replied, "You?"

"Err no actually, it seems I have time this evening.." D.B. said, squinting at his watch.

"For what?" You asked curiously.

His eyes then met yours and he smiled, "A quiet dinner.."

A moment of silence passed before he finished his sentence, "With a friend." His eyes melting into yours.

You smiled, "Are you asking me out on a date Russel?" You asked, biting your lip slightly.

"If that's what you want to call it..." he said, pulling his gloves off, walking past you to the door, before whispering in your ear.

"Meet me in my office at 6..."

His voice giving you goosebumps, making you blush so intense you were glad your back was to him.

- - - a few hours later - - -

As promised, you met D.B. in his office, but he didn't meet you, as he was fast asleep resting his head on his hand. You slowly closed the door to his office and walked to his desk.

You felt the corners of your mouth form a smile. He must've knocked out after getting lost in his train of thought.

He looks so peaceful...

You made your way behind his desk and put your hand on his shoulder, gently shaking him awake.

"D.B..." you called out softly, "....Russel....." you whispered, as his eyes fluttered opened, meeting your gaze with his.

"I seemed to have... well dozed off there... my apologies Y/N.." he said sheepishly trying to put his scattered paperwork away.

You giggled, "It's the first time I've seen you so tired D.B., are you sure about going out tonight?"

"Yeah no I'm fine, that small nap was all I really needed.." he chuckled, adjusting his glasses.

"If you say so..." you said smiling, he was so cute sometimes.

"Ready to go?" He asked, swinging his jacket on.

You smiled, "Of course"

The two of you proceeded to eat at a nice restaurant, talking about work and yourselves, laughing at the good times. The time then came for D.B. to drive you home, as the two of you pulled up to your place, you turned to him, smiling...

"Russel I just really wanted to thank you for tonight, it was truly something else. It's been a while since I enjoyed myself like that."

"No problem Y/N, I always enjoy your company." He smiled, before grabbing your hand and squeezing it slightly.

You looked at the two of your hands, and back at him.. a moment of silence fell upon the both of you as you decided it was time.

"Russel I..." You struggled to find the correct words, you then looked him in the eyes and continued, "Recently I've felt... a certain way about you.."

His eyes widened, leaning in closer he asked, "Y/N.. what are you saying?" His expression becoming slightly worried.

You looked back at him, cupping his cheek with your other hand with a smile.

"I love you..."

He seemed shocked by your sudden words and actions, but slowly gave in and sweetly smiled back, his hand holding the wrist of your hand that was cupping his cheek.

Before the two of you knew it, you were slowly leaning in closer, your lips eventually touching as you melted into a deep and passionate kiss.

Swarms of butterflies fluttered in your stomach as the two of your tongues danced and fondled passionately, your arms eventually wrapping around each other in the cramped car.

As the two of you pulled away, you both smiled, "I love you too..." Russel said, before going in for another kiss.

After your make out session in the car, you invited your new boyfriend in for drinks. As the two of you had days off tomorrow, you decided to stay up and catch up talking.

Minutes turned into hours, sitting outside listening to the crickets chirp in the musky Nevada air. At around 1 to 2 in the morning, you both decided to go in for the night and watch TV, continuing to talk.

The two of you cuddled on the couch, Russel sat on the end of the couch, his arm on the arm of the sofa as he rested his head on his hand, whilst you cuddled up on him, his other arm wrapped around your waist.

The air became quiet, as you were both too tired to talk, and just focused on watching whatever was on the TV.

As you became lost in your show, you heard Russel's heavy breathing, along with small snores, indicating that he had indeed fallen asleep.

"Its the second time you've fallen asleep like that today.." You whispered, gently moving him so he wasn't in an awkward position.

He was now resting on your shoulder, and with this being a pullout couch, you twisted the lever and sprawled out the both of your legs on the bed-couch.

As you turned off the TV, you kissed D.B. goodnight, before pulling the blanket over yourselves and fell asleep on his chest.