GREG SANDERS - HOSPITAL VISIT

this is based off the episode where greg and his lab blew up (s3 ep 22)

- - -

After hearing that the lab had blown up, you quickly sped down to see the parking lot run over with paramedics, fire fighters and your coworkers.

You saw Sara, who was sitting on the curb with a deep gash in her hand. Running up to her you asked her, frantic about what had happened.

"Y/N.." she called out to you after seeing you rush to her aid.

"Oh my gosh, Sara what happened? Are you okay?" You asked, taking a look at her hand, kneeling beside her.

"Y/N.. I'm fine.. it's just a cut.." She reassured you, trying to brush it off as if it was nothing.

"No, this is not okay..." you stopped and signaled for a paramedic to care for Sara's hand.

You sat with her as she was getting her hand wrapped up, and she explained the entire situation to you. How she was just walking around the lab and suddenly an explosion immersed from Greg's lab.

"Greg?! Oh I hope he's okay..." you said worryingly clenching your fist. With her other hand, Sara held your hand, knowing how much you admired him.

"I'm sure he's okay Y/N... he'll be f-" She then paused, looking in the other direction. You turned around behind you to see Greg being hauled away on a stretcher.

You watched in awe as the love of your life was put on an ambulance and drove away. Standing up, you watched the ambulance car disappear as all you could do was hope and pray that Greg would be okay.

Before you knew it, you were speeding to the hospital alongside Catherine and Nick who were going to ask Greg what had happened.

Tagging along behind the two, you didn't get much farther than the waiting room before Nick pulled you to a stop.

"Y/N.. we're going to go in and ask him some questions, I need you to stay here."

"Please tell me if he's okay..." You asked, with Nick nodding in response as he walked off.

You sat in the waiting room for what felt like hours, pondering what was going on in the lab right now, or how bad the explosion even was. Before you could think about it too hard, you felt a tap on your shoulder, looking up to see Nick and Catherine.

"He's okay, he's sleeping right now." Catherine reassured you.

"Oh, that's good. I'm glad." You said with a soft smile.

"You can go in if you want, visiting hours don't end for another 10 hours." Nick informed you.

"Okay, thanks!" You said, running off.

"Second door on the left!"

- - -

You spent hours, sitting by Greg, hoping that when he would wake up he would know you were there for him.

As you were looking out the window, watching the sun set and the neon lights of the casinos turn on, you heard groans from behind you.

You turned and sat next to him, "How are you feeling?"

"Y/N.. it's so good to see you..." He groaned, turning to face you.

You grasped his hand, "I was really worried about you... Sara told me what happened.."

"Yeah... I'm not sure what happened either." Greg chuckled wryly, an awkward silence dwelling in the room between you.

"You know, I'm really glad you came..." Greg sighed happily, looking into your eyes.

You blushed, eyes widening as you replied, "I just... wanted to see you.."

"I've only heard you say those words in my dreams.." he chuckled.

"What?"

Before you knew it, he pulled you closer in. You could tell that the morphine they had given him really had a strong effect on him.

"Y/N.. do you mean it when you said you were worried about me?"

"Yes of course." You said, resting your head on his chest. His heart beat soothing you, making you feel safe. Loved.

His hands wrapped around your shoulders and one brushing through your hair. You didn't mind though, he knew what you wanted, and you knew what he wanted. Even if he was high.

"Greg.." You called out.

"Mhm.."

"You know.. I really enjoy this." You blurted out.

"Oh? Is that so.." he chuckled wryly.

"Yeah.."

"I've admired you.. for a while now.." he began.

You felt your face flush red.

"I always.. liked watching you.. from my lab.." His words becoming slower and slower, as his grip loosened.

You blushed, butterflies erupting in your stomach as you continue to lay on his chest.

"I liked watching you too Greg..." you shyly admitted.

No response.

You look up to see Greg had passed out again, his arms still wrapped around you, not wanting you to escape his grasp.

You decided to stay overnight at the hospital, and once Greg sobered up you would tell him of the intimate moment you shared together.

Even though he was high and didn't remember.