115 | Stage Fright

"NEPHEW, HOW HAVE YOU been doing?" Janet asks as she closes the door behind her, leaving both Max and Red speechless.

     As Janet approaches them, Red grabs hold of Max's shoulder and tells him, "I'll wait outside."

     Max nods his head as a response, and Red bows to Janet first before taking his leave. As soon as Red was gone, Janet looks back at Max and tells him, "Please, take a seat." But even though Max was instructed to sit down, he waited for his aunt to take a seat first before doing so.

     "Aunt Janet, I haven't seen you...in years!" Max immediately exclaimed, making Janet chuckle.

     Unlike Janus who Max was still able to meet when he was younger, Max only ever met up with her once in his entire life, and that was during the time he was announced as the new rank 1 of Crème de la Crème. No one even mentions her in the family. It's almost like she doesn't exist at all.

     "Oh you know, I've been busy. But how has my brother been doing? I presume he's still as carefree as ever," Janet then asks.

     "He's still the same as I remember him. I honestly can't say much though since I don't get to see him often," Max answers, making Janet nod her head in understanding.

     "I'm glad he's doing alright. We're both presidents of J.S High but we never really got to talk much; we're just too different, except for our faces that look strangely identical," Janet then says while pointing at her face with an annoyed look.

     "Well, other than the fact that you look alike, you also have the same taste like him. I guess you have more things in common than you think," Max manages to joke, referring to the red suit that his aunt was wearing, which was honestly something that his uncle Janus would wear too.

     Thankfully Janet laughs it off, agreeing to Max's observation.

     "Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about you. I heard from my Elites' president that you were here so I had to see. I know our sudden reunion is strange, but I hope you enjoy your stay here at my J.S High," Janet says with a motherly smile, and for some reason, Max couldn't help but feel relaxed around her.

"So, I heard you made quite a lot of trouble for the Sinclaire family. This is the first time I've ever heard of a dethroned heir getting his inheritance back. I don't know how you did it, but I'm glad that I have another one in my bloodline that can still piss off the family," Janet says, making Max tilt his head to the side.

     "What do you mean by another one? Are you referring to uncle Janus?" Max asks since the Sinclaire family despises Janus too since he got imprisoned in the past, an occurrence that shamed the entire family.

     "Heaven's no," Janet then answers, confusing Max even more. But before Max could ask for clarification, Janet leans close to him and says, "I'm referring to myself."

     Max was surprised by the sudden claim, but somehow, he could understand why she'd think that way.

     "The family doesn't even mention anything about me, almost like Janus never had a twin. I guess they can tolerate what Janus did, but what I did is just unforgivable," Janet says before suddenly pulling out a cigarette and a lighter from her pocket.

    Max didn't mind though, but then his eyes widened from shock when he saw the brand that she was using. It was Cj's tobacco brand, Kings Tobacco.

     Janet notices the look on Max's face, so she grins and lights the cigarette up before using it. "I'm obsessed with the princes' flavor. The coldness is just perfect for my taste."