213 | Dark Clouds

THE THIRD DAY OF the Annual Brotherhood Reranking has ended, and the results of their written examination have left everyone in complete shock. All the students in the five houses couldn't help but talk about the latest rankings.

     "Those six brotherhoods are really scary."

     "They literally just dominated the top ranks."

     "Are they even normal?"

     Everyone was talking about the six brotherhoods who easily perfected the exam results. As the brotherhoods who have been in J.S High the longest, it is safe to say that when it comes to their academics, the students in the House of Kings will not disappoint.

     "Brotherhoods of J.S High," President Ian says, holding onto a gold envelope before looking down at the brotherhoods from the stage.

     The members of the Elites were at the stadium. After the examination, they were all asked to head back to the campus. Despite their overwhelming achievement at the examination, there were no white uniforms in school, so there wasn't anyone there to cheer for them when they arrived.

     "This might not mean much to you, but congratulations on the results of your third day. You have given great pride to this house," Ian says before giving a small bow.

     "Now, I know you're all eager to leave so you can prepare for tomorrow's battle, but before that, I am here to announce where the second battle will be held," President Ian says while showing everyone the envelope that he's been holding.

     "Please, not at the House of Pawns. Please not at the House of Pawns," a member of Jokers, Rome, repeatedly stated while his hands were intertwined together, almost like he was praying.

     Everyone else was patiently waiting as Ian opened the sealed envelope. "This was delivered by the Association earlier," he says as he finally pulls the card out. He then looks down and reads it, and right after, he sighs and looks back at the brotherhoods before finally revealing, "Tomorrow, for the 4th day of the Annual Brotherhood Reranking, the school that was chosen for the battle is...J.S High."

     As soon as the name was revealed, all the brotherhoods ended up becoming completely quiet. No one said a thing, but even President Ian and Vice President Gavriil could sense the frustration that they were all feeling.

     "This is fucking bullshit!" Viktor suddenly shouts in anger, removing his gloves and throwing them to the ground before walking out of the stadium.

     "Vi!" Joon calls back, immediately following him out.

     The members of PHD and Busters are about to follow him out too, but Hans stops them. And surprisingly enough, the two groups listened.

     "Fuck," Cj curses under his breath before turning to look at Krist, who also has a troubled look on him. "It's actually happening...that fucker was right. What are we going to do now?"

     [A few days ago: at the McKay Industries]

     "Have you prepared the presentation for tomorrow's meeting? My father will be back from Singapore. It's important that everything is prepared before he arrives," Magnus McKay, the only son of McKay Industries, asked while he typed down his report on his computer.

     "Yes sir, everything is ready."

     "Alright. Then you may go."

     "Actually, sir, I came because a guest is waiting for you outside. This person is someone that we couldn't easily escort out, so I hope you properly meet with him," his secretary explained, making Magnus remove his eyes from the computer screen to look back at him confusingly.