1

Date Published : 12/11/21
(1/8/22 in Wattpad)

-

It was a normal day to work, nothing new. Same old scenarios, same old schedule. Same old everything. 

You can't help but sigh all the while walking towards the train you always ride when going to work.The cold morning air breezes by you, causing you to shiver. 

You know you're a bit early when going but you're a hardworking person. 

Because if you aren't, you'll succumb to the harshness of life. You're a grown up now, standing up on your own two feet. You have no one to fully depend on like you did once you were a child. Financially and physically. Though you have your parents, they already have enough on their plate. 

Life is pretty hard as someone who didn't get a high paying job. You're a woman who's only working as a humble assistant of a newspaper company.

But you promised yourself that you'll work hard and have a good life in the future. Settle down with a stable job, have your own house instead of renting, y'know just a very comfortable life. 

Maybe you'll grow as a grouchy old lady with lots of pets, maybe a single lady next door. There's a lot of possibilities and you'll never know what's going to happen. That's why it's better to think of the present and focus on it. There's no use in musing what your future is going to be, it's better to work towards what you really want to be. 

Future is unachievable if you don't put enough effort in walking towards it. That's it, that's your motto. 

You may or may not be the so-called workaholic in the office you work in but at least your boss pays you higher compared to the others right? 

You glanced at your wrist watch and clicked your tongue. You're going to miss the earliest train that heads towards your work if you don't hurry up now. And that's what you did, you hurried towards it. 

You certainly didn't mind running in your feet aching heels. It's the uniform in your workplace, you can't break the dress code. Besides, you're used to it since you do it everyday. You know you'll regret running around in heels at the end of the day when you get home anyways. 

Shouldering your sling bag, you started walking faster. Geez you need to find a place that's nearer to the company building. You really didn't need to wake up early but that's what you want, better early than late. 

You almost shivered at the cold morning breeze passing through you, the clacking of your heels heard rather clearly despite the few people murmuring in your neighborhood, the smooth sound of wheels running through the road and the occasional sounds of animals. 

It's quite peaceful like everyday. 

Your eyes furrowed when birds started to fly away with the tree leaves rustling and falling. That's when you feel it, the shaking of the ground, everything is moving, the land is vibrating.

Strongly. 

Everything went frenzy within seconds, the once calm neighborhood was sent to panicked madness as everyone ran and screamed in terror. The cars swerved and paused, some speeding and bumped to each other. It was a mess. Everything is. 

The sheer vibration and intensity of the earthquake scares you, if there's any natural disaster that makes you shake in terror, it's nothing but an earthquake. 

Unpredictable and damaging. No one can exactly pretend where and when it will happen. And currently you're experiencing one, feeling sheer adrenaline and panic in your veins.