6

"Say, Ricardo, what kind of person is he?" You asked Ricardo, taking your eyes away from your grimoire's blank pages. It's not filled with spells yet as along the way, new ones will appear when you get better at handling your magic.

Because of your weak mana capacity and the reason being you're human, you're already struggling even if the spell is just in the intermediate level. Sucks but you guess you'll just develop your skills, it's not like you'll gain power just by whining your ass off.

But still, the idea of this book being filled with new spells excites you, maybe at the time you'll be able to go home, you've at least filled half of your grimoire.

Ricardo, whose guiding the horses of the wagon you're riding, didn't take his eyes away from the dark path ahead of him before answering.

"You could say that he's always been the mysterious one, not even me who's known him for years doesn't know much about him. But you one thing for sure, you can trust that young man with your life." There's this tone in his voice that you can't understand, you didn't bother asking what it is since every time you're at the subject of the mysterious helper, the Soralian's always been like this.

You suppose you'll just find out the answer when you get there. Ricardo won't give you any concrete answer about this mysterious helper, all you know is that he's certainly good at magic.

You instinctively gripped the necklace hidden under your shirt while you ran your hand at the pages of your grimoire. Whoever he is, he's done many things for you as much as Ricardo. He's given you protection and a chance to learn magic.

Though how could this mysterious man possibly know that a human-like you had been transported to Soralia? Unless Ricardo has deemed him trusty enough to spill the beans about you.

You wonder what kind of person he is, could he be genuine or is he going to be a traitor? Even if Ricardo trusts this man, you could never be too trusting especially when you're in this predicament. Even if you're thankful, one could always be used as a puppet. Gratitude is one of the many factors that manipulators use as leverage.

But enough of negative thoughts, you shook your head before finally speaking.

"I see. I can't wait to finally meet him." You said before looking at your surrounding, placing your grimoire at your brown satchel. A grimoire must always be at your side where it's easily accessible in case of an unexpected emergency or ambush.

Ricardo didn't answer anymore as he focused on swerving the horses to the directions you needed to take. The wagon is certainly uncomfortable as it doesn't have the necessary cushion but what can you say? This isn't the modern-day where everything is made for everyone's comfort.

It's cold as it's still so early in the morning, the sun hasn't shown itself either. The skies, it's still quite dark but not dark enough that a torch is needed.

You're currently traveling to meet the man who's assisted you in the shadow and it seems like it's going to be a long journey but you can't complain, hence the early departure. Though traveling in an uncomfortable wagon isn't your thing, the forest is very beautiful that it took the feeling of ache in your bottom away.

Quite creepy and dark but as the sun slowly approaches the horizon, the trees start to show their real brilliance to a mortal like you. Vibrant green, beautiful colors of flowers and owls that flew around. You didn't expect you'll be seeing owls but here you are.

"Perhaps..." Perhaps you should try taming one? You thought and got your grimoire again for any spells that you can use to tame animals. But to your frustrations, there isn't. The only spells you're available to do right now are limited to 5 spells already. And these spells are so small that the most powerful thing you could do is erect a bump at the ground.