5

"There are different types of plants. The first types of plants are called- a what? What was it again?" You asked yourself confused, looking at the scroll on your left to see what letter is it in your language for the fifth time. It's been some time since you've been staying here, two months or so. You learned so many things regarding this world thanks to the guidance of Ricardo.

Now with nothing to do, you're trying hard to master reading the alphabet of this world which you're apparently doing a good job as per the word of Ricardo.

You feel like a toddler, thankfully the Soralians speak the same language as you which made things easier. Though unfortunately, they don't have the same letter system so here you are learning. Really you don't want to study but you don't want to look suspicious and illiterate either.

Suspicious because who in the heck wouldn't know to read in your age? It's a common skill everyone knew in this land. Besides the skills of reading is really important so you just have to. You really started from the start like a kindergarten but that's alright, with your progress you've been able to read short books.

In no time, you'll be able to read those magic books Ricardo's son have in the table at the corner so you kept going even if your head feels like it's breaking in two trying to memorize and comprehend stuff. You want to learn magic as soon as possible.

"Oh so it's called Vesper." You said, finally able to read the word and nodded to yourself. After learning the alphabet you should practice writing, you sighed at the thought. Man you still have a lot to go and learn but you aren't going to give up.

You got to wonder yourself, how did you survive so long? You fiddled with the necklace Ricardo had given you that's tucked under your shirt. This necklace is the reason why you haven't recognized as human by the others. You don't know how Ricardo managed to obtain this or where this is from but you're thankful nonetheless since you don't have to fear going outside.

With the necklace with you all the time, it made as if you really were a part of this world. It's imbued with strong illusion magic that no ordinary person would be able to see the real scene behind, as how Ricardo put it.

It also covered up the small magic, every humans somehow have, to make it look it's just above a normal Soralian's mana capacity.

The mana capacity, if you have little to none of it, everyone will know you're human. That's how they identify which is which and who to eat.

Your appearance? That's taken care of too. To everyone you look like a typical Soralian with Dark hair and golden eyes when in reality you don't look like it at all. In other terms, this necklace is doing wonders and extremely useful.

Who did Ricardo approach to get something like this? He wouldn't answer and just say it's a secret you'll know someday.

You sighed, pulling it from your shirt and stared at it. It's truly pretty indeed, it's simple diamond shaped decor has this soft blue glow that signified that it is imbued with something. Surely not Ricardo's magic as you know his was White colored, this has a Blue mana.

Nonetheless, thanks to this simple magic instrument you were able to interact with other Soralians and fully explore the village, even the vast grass land you always see by your bedroom window.

You admit, the villagers are very friendly when you were introduced as Ricardo's distant relative who went to live with him. You were allowed to keep your name despite how out of place it sounds compared to their Spanish-like names. Thankfully they didn't question this too.

Though you still miss your neighborhood and everyone you left behind. It's been some time, months have passed and you want to at least know how your parents are faring somehow. You miss them terribly but what can you do? You're in a another world where humans are food and going home would be very hard.