6

Minho sighed, his tone awfully passive-aggressive even to his own ears. “Is that all? So what, should I start packing? I wouldn’t want to bother you any longer.”
“Hyung, I don’t think you understand.”
“Oh don’t worry, I understood you very well,” Minho dismissed bitterly. 
“No, you don’t, I’m not doing this because I want to. I just know I need to.” Seungmin looked at him with a mix of sorrow and longing. “I am just me and you're… you.”
“Kim Seungmin What are you on?”
“Come on, I know you see it too,”
“Not really no, so if you could enlighten me, it’d be great.”
“You're like the prettiest human being with the warmest heart and I'm just the nerdy looking one who was lucky enough to hang out with you. He belongs beside you more than I ever will. Up to now, I don’t understand why you accepted me. It still feels unreal.”
"Seungmin,” Minho warned, heart weaker every second. “If you don’t love me, that’s fine. But don’t bring Jisung into that."
Seungmin looked at him as if he grew a second head. “Hyung, I loved you from the moment we met and just fell deeper every second we spent together. I just knew I wasn’t enough.”
Kim Seungmin!” Minho yelled. “What the fuck?! How can you…? I…” he never felt at a loss of words like that.

Instead of going on or explaining further, Seungmin stayed silent; to give time for his words to hit or to gather himself, Minho wasn’t sure.

“Why? Why do you talk like you don’t matter? If you love me, why are you pushing me away?” Minho was on verge of sobbing now, way too emotional to keep his head cool.

He rubbed his eyes to get rid of the threatening tears and breathed deeply as he took a step closer to Seungmin.

“Why didn’t you tell me?“
“Tell you what? That I don’t understand why you stayed with me?” He looked so exposed and weak behind his facade Minho wanted to hold him tight and protect him from the world. He didn’t. How could he when he was the reason for his pain in the first place?
“I.. No… Seungmin… I wanted to. I still do. Jisung… I’m sorry you were hurt by our closeness. I wasn’t considerate, I never thought…” he stopped, unsure of what he meant to say and too afraid to really come out. “That’s my mistake.”
“No!” Seungmin cried out, voice tight. “Don’t stop now. Talk to me. I need to hear it. The silence is was brought us here in the first place.”

Seungmin’s eyes started to water, mirroring his own. It felt weird to suddenly be so bare in front of someone. He felt naked in the worst meaning of the word. So vulnerable he was convinced he would crumble any second.

True, they needed to clear up everything. Minho needed to be honest so they could move forward. He took another deep breath, hardly stopping his hands from trembling. It was just a few words, what was he getting so worked up for?

“I thought, out of everyone, you understood without me saying anything.” he started. “I’m not blaming you!” He quickly added, louder, when he noticed the hurt flash on Seungmin’s face. “As I said, it’s my mistake. I thought, if I couldn’t find the right words to tell my feelings, then maybe I didn’t have to say anything. Maybe you didn’t need anything. It was selfish of me, but no matter what I said or did, you were always the same, so I thought even without words, you understood.”

Seungmin’s gaze was focused on him without blinking. He didn’t dare to move or say a word, too afraid to break the spell when Minho was pouring his heart out for the first time.