Chapter 1 : One Step Forward

A.N. - The response you guys have given me in just a few hours is beyond imaginable🥺 Thank you so much guys🥰 I can't tell you how overwhelmed I feel😢 So, on that note, here's the chapter as promised🌻

"Woh Akshara jo tumhe chodkar bhaag gayi thi?" Ruby censured Akshara. "Wohi dhokhebaaz Akshara?" She asked sickeningly and Abhimanyu felt all his anger gush through his veins.

"Ek aur shabd nahi uske khilaaf warna mujhse bura koi nahi hoga! OUT!" Abhimanyu ground out resoundingly as he pointed towards the door. No one could speak ill about Akshara in front of him and get away with it. Not one person. But Ruby had completely different plans. All she didn't know was that Abhimanyu was treading on an extremely fine line and if she pressed the wrong buttons in that moment, she could set the ticking bomb of his fury off. And if that happened, there was nothing or no one in the entire world that would be able to save her.

"Oh come on! Woh yaha hai bhi nahi. Aur kisse pata ki woh waapis aayegi bhi ya nahi. She's never going to know what happens between us," she whispered the last bit seductively as she moved closer to Abhimanyu with a sly grin on her face. A look of pure wrath coated Abhimanyu's features at her advances. But before her hands could find their way on his torso or he could give her a taste of his unparalleled ire, another hand held her wrist and yanked it away harshly, forcing her steps to falter backwards. Ruby's jaw dropped in complete shock as she noticed a woman stand in the now fabricated space between her and Abhimanyu. On the other hand, disbelief was an understatement to describe what Abhimanyu felt at this mystery woman's sudden entrance. Although he was completely familiar with this new face, Ruby's blood started to boil at her interruption. A thousand questions bludgeoned their way into Abhimanyu's mind, answers to which could only be given by the one that stood in front of him. His Akshara. But what he wasn't aware of was that this was only the beginning, if she chose to answer every question truthfully. And if she did, there was a lot that was going to be revealed before this birthday ended for him.

"Apne haathon ko mere Abhimanyu se dur rakho," Akshara counseled in a lethal tone as she threw daggers at Ruby. She had had enough of the passes Ruby had been making towards Abhimanyu despite his rejection and lack of interest. Abhimanyu couldn't see her face, but the fierceness in her voice was a dead giveaway of her feelings. Or was it jealousy that Abhimanyu sensed in her voice? But in between all these thoughts, he'd failed to register the fact that she had said 'mere Abhimanyu.'

"Aur tum hoti kaun ho mujhse yeh sab kehne wali?" Ruby questioned, infuriated at the unwelcome distraction in her perfect plan. But her question only made a small smile spread over Akshara's face, an expression that only annoyed Ruby further.

"Mei woh hu jisse Abhimanyu pyaar karta hai," she retaliated in a matter-of-fact tone and the anger that bubbled through Ruby's cells made her face red while Abhimanyu just stared at the back of Akshara's head in absolute stupefaction. He couldn't believe the words that were pouring out of Akshara's mouth like fire today. "Aur jab ek ladka na bolta hai, toh uska matlab na hi hota hai," she claimed intrepidly. There was never a time when Abhimanyu needed anyone to defend him but this felt good. Having Akshara come to his aid felt oddly satisfying. And the way his heart was capable of soaring at mere words was an absolute foreign feeling for him, until today.

"Oh, toh tum woh Akshara ho jiske liye Abhi majnu bana hua hai," she insinuated contemptuously and Akshara was taken aback. "Honestly, I don't even know Abhi ne tum mei kya dekha. Jo tum Abhi ko nahi de sakti ho, woh mei usse har roz de sakti hu," she goaded with a triumphant look on her face, knowing full well that she had pinched Akshara where it hurt the most. Tears stung her eyes at this direct jab and she lowered her lashes to hide them. Akshara knew exactly what Abhimanyu wanted. She also knew that it wasn't something Ruby could give to him either. But the fact that she had the means to make him happy at the tip of her tongue and could never utter those words to him was what stung her heart terribly.