Chapter 3 : Paradisiacal Souvenirs

A. N. - I know it's been a while but I was and am completely terrified of how this chapter has turned out🙈 Give me inline comments and let me know your thoughts please? 🥲 Also, I've read every comment on the previous chapter and I can't tell you guys how overwhelmed and grateful I feel🥺❤️ Thank you for all the love🥰
Happy Reading🤗

After receiving Akshara's cryptic message, Abhimanyu's emotions were all over the place. He couldn't understand the reasons behind her confusing behavior. Was it because she didn't want to talk about the things that were bothering her? Or was it because she knew that he wouldn't let it go and had chosen to avoid him? He felt his blood boil but he also felt his heart pinch at those thoughts. Akshara and him were finally in a place where they could be with each other and now, she was treating him like his wishes didn't matter. The day had been so long and tiring, all Abhimanyu wanted to do was lay in his bed, say goodbye to his deranged thoughts and wake up the next morning with a clear head. But well, that wasn't happening, was it? All these thoughts were gobbling up his mind when his eyes landed on the sweater he was wearing before the surgery. Akshara's bracelet hung near the shoulder and Abhimanyu walked towards it to pick it up. As he carefully detached the hook from his sweater, a miniscule smile made its way to his lips.

"Kyu kar rahi ho tum aisa? Maine kaha tha na ki hum milenge? Please, mei tumse milna chahta hu," he conversed compellingly to no one as he stared at the bracelet in his hand. As if that was all the cue the universe needed, a gush of wind traveled through the room and Abhimanyu felt it. He felt the presence his heart yearned for. The one he could feel even in his sleep. She was here and he knew it. But where was she? He was only wondering when he heard the door knob click. He immediately barrelled towards the door and hid behind it before she entered. And that was his mistake. Because when Akshara stepped in, dressed in a soft lilac coloured ball gown, Abhimanyu felt his heart halt for a second before it started to wildly thump against his chest. His complete attention was captured by the beauty that stopped in front of his eyes, like she was the most fascinating being on earth while Akshara's face was masked with disappointment on not finding Abhimanyu in the room. The nurse had told her that he was in his cabin. If not here, where was he? She pondered while involuntarily, Abhimanyu's feet had started making their way towards this alluring girl who looked like an angel sent down from heaven in that breathtaking gown. Akshara turned around to leave and was so startled to find Abhimanyu stationed exactly behind her that she slipped. It all happened in a flash. Akshara's arms instinctively went out to hold on to him to break her fall as her eyes slammed shut in fear. Abhimanyu's heart dipped all the way down to his stomach before his arms wrapped securely around her back and caught her before she hit the cold, hard floor. Her palms held his shoulders in a death grip and when she knew she was safe, she slowly opened her eyes only to find Abhimanyu focusing back at her. He gently pushed the strands of disordered hair away from her face before he helped her back on to her feet. As Akshara straightened her dress out, Abhimanyu shamelessly ogled at her and a small blush creeped up her neck when she noticed him gawking at her with the love of the world in his eyes.

"Tum thik ho?" he asked softly when he had satisfactorily checked her out. Akshara just nodded her head in response, still flushed from his reaction to her dolled-up state until she realized something.

"Tum piche se kaise aaye? She questioned as her brows furrowed. "Nurse ne toh mujhse kaha tha ki tum yahi ho," she explained her confusion and Abhimanyu's lips twitched.

"Mei yahi tha. Darwaze ke piche," he smirked as he pointed in the direction of the door and Akshara's puzzlement only heightened with his reply.

"Tum darwaze ke peeche kya kar rahe the?" she asked, completely perplexed by Abhimanyu's weird actions.