ambush *chapter eight*

Warning: This part does have some gorey scenes to it

Warning: This part does have some gorey scenes to it. So if you don't feel comfortable, just skip it and move to the next part.
**

They spent the last ten minutes arguing about it. In the rain of all places. Nothing was going to happen if they kept going back and forth about it.

Something had to be done and they all couldn't do it. Only one of them could go.

"G-GUYS!" Cerah screamed through her shivering, silencing both men in the process and she looked between the two and then at Isabel. "I-It would only make sense for Levi to go alone. Erwin would be suspecting us all. But if Levi is the only one that shows up..he would be caught off guard. We'll provide a distraction and Levi will go for Erwin."

"Cerah.."

"I-I know, Farlan. You wanted to do this a different way, but right now, we don't have any other options. If Levi kills Erwin out here, they'll think a Titan did it." Cerah explained, Levi not sure how that would work, until a thought came to mind and he grabbed ahold of his reins. "I got this. Just survive out there while I'm gone."

"You got it, bro! See you on the flip side!" Isabel called, Levi riding off not long after. Cerah had let out a breath of worry as she watched him disappear into the fog, his figure no longer visible after about 10 feet. "H-He's got this, right?"

"He's got this. I believe in him. And we all should." Cerah stated with confidence, turning her horse to face Farlan and Isabel. "What do we do, Farlan?"

"Well, since Levi's on his own, we'll just have to find our way back to our squad, wherever they are." Farlan suggested, Cerah nodding and whipping her reins, the horse taking off quickly towards the squad's last known location before they split, Farlan and Isabel going after her.
--

He rode for what felt like hours. The relentless pouring of rain didn't help the situation at all. Not only couldn't he see anything in front of him, he couldn't see anything into in the sky indicating any Titans nearby. He was riding blinding into either a fight or to his own death. Not to mention the rain's pouring was so loud, even if someone screamed, he wouldn't hear.

This wasn't good. He should have waited for the storm to pass before he went to kill Erwin. But carelessly, he thought the storm was the perfect way to handle him. If only he knew where he was going.

Not long after, he came up on piles and piles of Scouts lying on the ground, bleeding heavily. Almost all of them were dead, except one. The Section Commander of the Scouts, Flagon. The man he despised. Even though he had a strong hatred for this man, he got off his horse and approached him.

"What happened?" Levi asked, using his cape to shield his face from the rain. Flagon coughed and spat out blood before he pointed in the direction behind him, Levi's eyes widened. "A-Abnormal..it went..that way.."

Levi turned his head back in that direction, the same direction he came from. Where Isabel, Farlan, and Cerah were. With quick action, Levi practically swung his entire body onto his horse and took off in that direction quickly. He didn't stop until he came across that Titan. He wasn't going to let that Titan do the same thing to his friends as it did that squad. With a desperate heart, Levi kept moving, his body slightly quivering in anxiety.