the colossal titan *chapter ten*

"How long are you gonna be gone? I don't have time to waste with these cadets

"How long are you gonna be gone? I don't have time to waste with these cadets ." Cerah stated, looking over at some cadets nearby. Levi looked over at them, scoffing loudly and shaking his head, ruffling her hair gently. "We shouldn't be long, but..in case anything happens here, we're coming straight back."

"Okay." Cerah looked back at Levi, reaching into her pocket and handing him her journal, the man's eyes widened with surprise. "T..This is your journal.."

"Well, of course. I took down some routes the last mission and I hope that somewhat draws out a map for you guys. I also took down some small abandoned villages that you could search if you run low on supplies." Cerah explained while he took the journal from her and stuffed it inside his jacket soon after. "Thanks, kid."

"Of course. Now, go on. Don't want to get left behind." Cerah stated, Levi scoffing once more, rolling his eyes. "Trust me, they wouldn't leave me behind even if they wanted to."

Cerah giggled, shaking her head and walking over to Levi's horse, gently patting it at the bridge of its nose.

"I don't get it.." Levi said, while climbing onto his horse, Cerah's eyes darting up to him as she let her hand drop. "Of all the horses you encountered, every one of them took a fondness to you and no one else. I wonder why.."

"Maybe my charm?" Cerah stated with a smirk, Levi raising an eyebrow. Levi rolled his eyes once more before Cerah laughed softly and stepped aside. "You should get going. They're waiting for you."

"We'll be back as soon as we can. Good luck here." Levi stated, Cerah nodding and a small smile spread across her cheeks. "You too, Levi. And come back alive."

"Always plan on it." Was the last thing he said before Levi took off out of the stables and down the street to meet up with the Scouts. Cerah only hoped he would. Levi is the only family she has left and she hoped he wouldn't do anything stupid while he was gone. But she had faith in him. She had faith in the entire Scouts Regiment. She had faith their mission would succeed.

"Lieutenant Cerah! You're needed on the wall!" Cerah heard from afar, letting out a deep exhale before she walked out the stables and outside to find a few Garrison soldiers just outside.

"Captain Kitz. A pleasure to meet you." Cerah stated, though his appearance wasn't very appealing to her. "You as well, Lieutenant. I see the Scouts left you here to help us."

"They did. I don't mind it at all." Cerah stated with honesty. The two walked off, the other two Garrison soldiers with Kitz followed after towards the wall.
--

"Do you have any idea what kind of trouble you would get in?"

"W-Well, I got hungry, so.."

"But that's from the superior officer's rations! You could get kicked out!"

"Cadets.." The nearby cadets turned around, seeing Cerah approach them and they all fell into a strong salute just as she came to a stop. "U-Uh, L-Lieutenant Cerah! It's an honor to meet you!"