Chapter 7

The following days, Ranboo could not get Y/N out of his head. He felt guilty and hurt. He did not want to feel these things for her, but he knew had gotten to know, that there was no stopping love. He laid in his own bed and stared at his ceiling. What was he going to do...? He pulled out his phone and got to his contacts. Jim... He must know what to do, he has a girlfriend.

Ranboo clicked the call button on his phone and waited for Jim to pick up. "Hello Mark" Jim said, Ranboo getting nervous. Was he really going to tell his IRL best friend about his summer crush?

"Jim, I need your help?" Ranboo said, looking over to his window. Jim let out a sigh and sounded as if he was getting up. "Put the corpse on ice, I'm on my way" Ranboo's eyes widened and sat up. "What? No! OK, why would I- "He let an annoyed sigh and laid back down. "Is Millie there?" Ranboo asked, waiting for Jim's answer. He had nothing against talking with Millie, don't get him wrong. He just wanted to talk to Jim first.

"No, not right now, she is in the living room playing with Anubis" Jim said. Anubis was Jim's hairless cat. Ranboo questioned why Jim even wanted a hairless cat, but when Millie came out and said how much she adored and wanted a sphynx cat herself, Ranboo just gave up on questioning it. Some people are just weird like that.

"I need your help with... some relationship problems..." He said. This peaked Jim's interest.

"Tell me, is it about Y/N?" HOW THE HELL DID HE KNOW? Ranboo was shocked that he guessed correctly. There was a long moment of silence before Jim spoke up. "Holy shit I'm right... I was just joking, but tell me what the problem is" Jim said his voice becoming calm.

Jim was usually a goof ball, but he could be serious, when he knew it was important for the other person. "I have kind of liked Y/N all throughout summer... And I still do... But right before Summer vacation ended... She told me..." Ranboo looked back at the memory, and her words still stabbed his heart. "She said that... She could not bring herself to love me, the way I loved her, since... She could not tell the difference between a friend kind of love and a romantic one... She said she wasn't ready... And I thought my feelings would die down eventually, but..." Ranboo paused, feeling his heart ache in pain as her words she said that day, echoed through his head.

"It's alright... If you really love her, you shouldn't give up on her, at least not if you see her every day. Just be yourself and stay by her side. I bet she has her own problems. Let her know you will be there for her always, but don't be too obvious about it! It can overwhelm someone. Oh! Attention, but not too much so they drown in it. Most of all, just be yourself. You can't start a relationship up on a lie, so always tell her the truth" Jim explained to Ranboo. It was helpful, but not the kind of help Ranboo expected. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

"Anyway, we still going to the park? You can come and pick me and Millie up with Y/N" Jim said. Ranboo nodded and agreed.

<>Time skip Author is being lazy... again<>

As Y/N and Ranboo got out of Ranboo's parents car, they walked towards Jim's door. Y/N looked at the house. It was a pretty big house. She got shocked and surprised when Jim opened the door a sphynx cats head peeking out from his shirt. "Hello! Can you give me a second? I need to find some blankets for Anubis. He crawled in my shirt, because he got cold" Jim said and went off to find some blankets for his hairless cat.

"Was that a naked mole rat?" Y/N asked, causing Ranboo to laugh. "Honestly, I actually think it's an alien" The two laughed at it and Millie came to the door, wearing one of Jim's hoodies. She seemed to sneak past him and hide behind Ranboo and Y/N. She definitely stole it while he wasn't looking. As Jim came outside, he closed the door behind him and the four started to walk to the park. They had fun.

Until... The Travis guy showed. "Hey princess~" He called in a purring tone, going up behind Y/N and Millie, causing the scandic girl to jump and freeze on the spot, breathing heavily. Millie was extremely jumpy. "You look even better in casual clothing, I must say" Travis said and was flirting with Y/N, also giving Millie a few flirtatious compliments, much to her discomfort and Jim's annoyance.

Jim wrapped his arms around Millie. "Why don't you just back off Travis?" Jim spat, his voice full of venom. When Y/N looked at Ranboo's face, he also seemed to dislike Travis... a lot. Was this another one of those school rivalry things? "Oh c'mon Jimmy! Y'know I'm only joking with Millie! But the hottie over here- "

"Back off" Ranboo growled, holding a hand on Y/N's shoulder. Travis looked at the two boys and then at Millie and Y/N. "Why do the nerds always get the hot ones?" Travis whined and walked off, knowing he had already lost the fight, before it had even started.

It sure was weird. Y/N looked at Ranboo, and noticed he seemed distanced. What was on his mind? What exactly was he thinking about? It only made Y/N more and more curious about her neighbor crush.