Waking Up

(Do not read if you have not finished phase 1 of the high republic! There will be major spoilers! This chapter takes place after The Fallen Star)

(Y/n) was dead. At least he assumed that's what this was. He remembered nothing other than that he was currently unable to see anything. Every once in a while he'd hear noises but they were distant. Maybe he was just comatose.

(Y/n) racked his mind trying to figure out what was happening. That was when he remembered.

He had been with Indeera Stokes. They were in starlight. A disturbance in the force. They had run to help another Jedi before being attacked themselves. Orla was there too!... or nearby at least. Was she alright? Was Indeera alright? Had they found the disturbance and taken care of it? Judging by the explosions (y/n) was faintly able to hear earlier something bad had happened.

He had no idea how long he'd been like this. It could have been weeks for all he knew. But if his memories were returning that had to be a good sign... right?

"(Y/n)" he could hear a muffled voice say his name. It was a familiar voice but (y/n) couldn't figure out who it was. "Please wake up"

The boys eyes burst open and he quickly looked around the room he was in. He was in the medical bay of the Jedi temple on coruscant. "How did I get here?" He murmured to himself as he raised his hand and rubbed his head. He turned his head and noticed Indeera Stokes unconscious in the next bed over.

"What happened?" (Y/n) groaned to himself as he rubbed his head again

"Starlight's gone. Lots of people died..." (y/n) quickly turned his head and saw the pink Mikkian girl sitting against the wall. "And now all the Jedi have been called back to the temple" (y/n)'s eyes widened at Zeens words. Calling everyone back to the temple was the Jedi's last resort, only ever used a handful of times in recorded history.

"Who-" (y/n) started to ask after a moment of silence.

"Everyone in the top half of the station, Orla Jareni, Master Maru, Master Gios, and a few more" the boy immediately thought of Vernestra now that he knew her master was dead. He then clenched his fist at the realization that they were all really gone. "Those are just who we know for sure. Lots more are missing but believed dead... Burryaga, Lula..." she sighed and rested her face in her hands.

"The Nihil?" (Y/n) asked as he watched Zeen. She nodded without looking up. (Y/n) clenched his fist harder as his anger started boiling up. (Y/n) quickly sat up only to get hit by a wave of nausea as he did.

"Hey! Lay down" Zeen quickly stood and walked over to the boys bed. He ignored her however and quickly got out of bed.

"I'm not just going to lay here and do nothing!" (Y/n) yelled angrily as his eyes shown a piercing yellow. Zeen backed up quickly, surprised the usually calm Jedi was now yelling at her. (Y/n) grabbed his lightsaber from the bedside table and walked out of the medical bay.

As (y/n) walked he slowly calmed down enough that his eyes were no longer sith yellow. He was still angry but he was better. He walked until he reached the Jedi council chamber. The door was closed. "Uh... what was my plan here?" He wondered to himself.

Go in and demand answers. The voice of the ancient sith in his head replied calmly.

"Oh great your still here" (y/n) sighed. He was about to turn back the way he came before the council door quickly slid open. "Master Poof!"

"(Y/n)" the Quermian master smiled as he exited the council chambers. "You're awake. Good"

"So I am" the boy nodded slowly

"So I am" the boy nodded slowly. "What's happening master?"

"Unfortunately it's just as bad as it would seem" Master Poof replied calmly as he crossed his four arms. "For the time being the council has decided that no Jedi are to leave the temple"

"Okay" (y/n) nodded in understanding. "But what happened? What took down starlight? The Nihil couldn't have taken it down alone"

Master Poof nodded. "They had some sorts of creatures. They seemed to be able to turn force users to dust"

(Y/n)'s face paled as suddenly he remembered. That was the disturbance in the force that they had been facing before he had gone unconscious. That's how Orla had died, she had been calcified.

"So what now? We just wait for them to attack us here?" (Y/n) crossed his arms as he shuddered at the thought.

"They can't get to us here. Even with their creatures they wouldn't be able to get past the planetary defenses. We're safe"

(Y/n) sighed before nodding in understanding. "Alright"

You're weak. Giving in so easily. (Y/n) had almost forgotten she was there. I'll be here as long as you are.

Word count: 863

(Phase 2 of the high republic really started out strong)