Stand by Me

"Newt!" I kept shaking him furiously, after realizing there was no heartbeat. "Please," I begged. "Please."

In the distance you could hear screams, and other hums from those foul monsters. They were just waiting and waiting for another person to become their dinner.

Newt still didn't move. Not a budge. Not a breath. "Did I kill him?" I spoke to myself, my breath hitching it my throat. I turned him over so his face would be looking at me. I cupped his face, just around his cheeks, holding his head up on my lap. "I'm scared, Newt. I can't do this alone. You shouldn't of come in here.. Not for me." My voice cracked, making my eyes well up tears.

Newt's gorgeous brown eyes opened, very slowly. His hand twitched slightly, and there was still a flash of pain in his face from his limp. I cried harder, but of happiness. My only friend was alive. He was alive. I don't know what I'd do if he died. I'd probably be dead already.

"Bella..?" He mumbled, reaching a hand up to rub his eyes. I took my hands away from cupping his cheeks, but I let his head rest on my lap. "What the.. bloody hell just happened?" He squinted, trying to stand up. "To be honest, I don't know myself. But the griever is dead. And that's all that matters. We just need to make the night." I stood up promptly, looking down at the boy. "Do you think you'll be able to walk or run?" I asked. "I can limp." He muttered.

I took his hand in mine and hauled him up, and we started walking in a random direction. We both hoped that we would find the maze entrance in the morning, and we hoped that we would still be alive.

-

Hey guys! I know this is short but I just wanted to clarify to you guys that Newt is alive, so you wouldn't go all apeshit. (And my writing is a little rusty.) I haven't wrote a story in so long, the only thing I've been writing since this story is essays for school. I also plan on maybe writing a Walking Dead fanfic, so this won't always be my only priority. I just wanted to thank you guys for loving this fanfic so much and standing by it, even when I planned on abandoning it. You guys didn't deserve that and I get that now.

Love you all,

Taylor.