Monsters

Once I was declared to be banished, I completely lost it. Newt tried to calm me down, and it for the most part worked - until he told me what happens when you're banished.

Apparently they're monsters in the maze. They come out when the doors close, and that's when someone gets banished.

"Please, you can't let them do this!" I yelled to no one in particular. All of the boys definitely thought I was insane now. "Sedate her!" Alby yelled, and the next thing I felt was a sharp pain enter my arm. Everything went black.

It seemed like I had been still for days when I woke up. As my eyes opened slowly, I was stood in front of the maze entrance. I went to rub my eyes of sleep, but my arms were tied.

My head shot around, and I was surrounded by the boys of the Glade. I was tied to some post, with my arms tied back as well.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled. All of the boys held dangerously sharp weapons as they circled around me. Alby approached me with a tiny frown. "It's banishing time."

The sky was becoming dim. I guess they weren't joking. My eyes brimmed with tears as Gally untied me from the post, but then turned me around to face everyone. My hands were tied behind my back now.

"Please," I choked out as the maze doors slowly started to shift. "Now." Alby said sternly. The boys started pushing me in with their weapons. I gave Newt one last look, and he remained stern.

Before I knew it, I was in the maze. My mouth hung open as I watched the doors almost finish closing.

This was it. This was the end. I hung my head down, not even being able to look at those people.

The monsters aren't the Grievers - it's truly them.

But before the maze was finished closing, a bunch of yells started emerging from the Glade.

"No!" They all screamed. "What the shuck are you doing?"

Someone was running into the maze. More like limping. As my eyes cleared of the blurry tears, I saw Newt. The walls were about 15 inches from closing, but Newt actually squeezed through.

My face went from fear to astonishment. I can't believe he actually came in here. He's risking his own life.

The blonde headed boy fell to the ground. I heard a whimper of pain escape him, and I instantly kneeled down next to him.

"Newt," I breathed.

A/N: oooooo bet y'all weren't expecting thattt but thank you guys so much for your comments and votes it literally means the world to me and it makes my day